The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Are you kidding me? Wow, wow. Curious how I don't remember ever seeing a specific reference in this forum to one of the greatest jazz guitar solos/performances of all time!
    Last edited by Peter C; 12-15-2023 at 09:47 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Another contender? Audio only.

DG

User Info Menu

Both songs are beautiful. What an expressive player.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Peter C
    Are you kidding me? Wow, wow. Curious how I don't remember ever seeing a specific reference in this forum to one of the greatest jazz guitar solos/performances of all time!
    I posted the link to that 1961 performance by Breau last August:

Lenny Breau: general concensus?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jbernstein91
    I posted the link to that 1961 performance by Breau last August:

Lenny Breau: general concensus?
    You did indeed. I most likely saw the thread but didn't click on anything for some reason.

User Info Menu

You're right: Breau's playing on Georgia is epic.

User Info Menu

He was uniquely gifted and had that elusive combination of almost limitless technique and artistic restlessness. Too many of those rare few passed way too soon. Danny Gatton, Roy Buchanan, Jaco Pastorius, Shawn Lane, to name just a few. Who knows what Miles would have done if he’d lived beyond 65? Thankfully we have Metheny, who has that same restlessness, never looks back and thinks nothing of writing an album of modern classical guitar that he’s not even playing on himself. I’d say Julian Lage might also be one of those and I hope he’ll be with us for at least the next half century.