The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I really like this concert. There are great players and the sound is traditional and beautiful. However poor Monk had receded into his depressed and unresponsive state. I think it was due to the golden age ending.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That was a whole tour that went under that name. There are recordings that were officially released, and TV and radio recordings from different cities available on YouTube, The Internet Archive and the website of French public radio. It is interesting to compare different versions of the same tune played by the same personnel with the same arrangements.
    Last edited by Bop Head; 12-02-2023 at 06:55 AM.

Cool. I assumed it was a tour if they were in Denmark. It's also interesting to see Monk in the modern age. Why don't you post some stuff?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Smith
    Cool. I assumed it was a tour if they were in Denmark. It's also interesting to see Monk in the modern age. Why don't you post some stuff?
    Why don't you do some research on your own? I posted the link to France Musique, all you have to do is scroll down until you find the recordings. Internet Archive is archive.org. Use quotation marks around Giants Of Jazz for Internet Archive and Youtube search.

EDIT: Does not hurt to know how to use the Internet Archive anyway. Tons of Sheet Music that you can borrow online by logging in via a Google account. If you look for a certain tune switch the search from metadata to text contents and reduce the results to media type "texts".
    If looking for recordings of course media type "audio". Many recordings are only available as 30 sec samples (sometimes with link to Spotify if available there). Find collections that have the full recordings like "Community Audio" or "Unlocked Recordings". Huge collection of digitized shellac records as well ("78 rpm") that are fully available but sometimes rather scratchy.
    Last edited by Bop Head; 12-02-2023 at 03:53 PM.

User Info Menu

The Internet archive website is sort of a wonder to a hold. For a Deadhead like me, it’s an outstanding resource for audience recordings of the band’s gigs. And many other bands as well. only the tip of the iceberg.