The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Anyone familiar with this?

Any good?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I’ve got it, it provided an excellent foundation for my playing a few years back. I also got a lot from her latin and advanced jazz dvd which goes through the minorisation concept.
    I would recommend both of her dvds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Yes both courses are great. The swing one has a lot of info on swinging with a metronome, some Bb blues stuff and various other useful tidbits. Emily had a good sense of humor too. She wanted to learn solo jazz guitar because she didn’t want to show up at Manny’s and just play part of a Zeppelin tune like everyone else.

FYI the Swing one is now available in book format with downloadable video. The book format is better than DVD as the printed material is larger and more legible. I wish they offered the Latin one in book too.

I bought the video. $12.50

cheap like borscht (or 2 lattes)

User Info Menu

"Cheap like borscht?" There's one I've never heard!

I think this is the opener for the Swing to Bebop video. Emily's time is superb. Metronomic without remotely feeling metronomic. But tap the time out on this. Chords, walking bass, not walking bass, lines, from thumb to pick and back, double time, multiple choruses... and she hits the one spot-on for the head out.

User Info Menu

I have both of her videos on DVD and recommend them.

Of course it depends on where you are in your playing in general as to how useful they will be.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SoftwareGuy
    I have both of her videos on DVD and recommend them.

Of course it depends on where you are in your playing in general as to how useful they will be.
    I remember them being were on video cassette, I had the first one and remember "Jazz Minor Scale starting from the 7th over an altered Dom."

User Info Menu

i had one on VHS
    yes really good stuff

at one point she said something like
    ”don’t compare yourself with other
    guitar players , there’ll always be
    better and worse players than you,
    so forget all that and just do your own thing”

such good advice
    Thankyou Emily