The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Sad day. Micheal was a brilliant classical and steel string fingerstyle guitarist, winning many competitions in both categories. We attended Aspen Music school together around 1977. He was on the a team and went on to study with Segovia. Another topic I won't get into. Performer, teacher, composer, father, husband...RIP my friend....

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear that. He was a great player, who brought out the worst in Segovia. Nothing wrong with that. Best wishes to his friends and family.

User Info Menu

Ouch! It’s been a tough couple of months in the fingerstyle world between Al Petteway and now Michael. My condolences to the families of both of these great players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

RIP Michael Chapdeliane. He was a talented player, arranger and teacher in acoustic music. I heard him play his arrangement of California Dreaming live at the Newport Guitar show in the early 2000's. Sad to learn he's died.

User Info Menu

That's sad indeed. He still replied to a comment of mine on one of his YT videos, a week or 2 ago.

Was he ill?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jaco1
    RIP my friend....
    Not to seem egoistic or anything, but since you seem to have been close: do you know what will happen to his website where he had scores for download/sale?

User Info Menu

RIP to a talented musician.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Sorry to hear that. He was a great player, who brought out the worst in Segovia. Nothing wrong with that. Best wishes to his friends and family.
    That is an interesting statement…made me look it up…

https://www.michaelchapdelaine.com/segovia-story/

I can’t say I’ve had a guitar teacher like that, but I’ve had a swim coach, a couple of high school teachers and a couple of med school professors like that. For the most part I came out better for being challenged.

Michael said a letter of commendation from Segovia could make a career. Michael chose a different path and did very well. God bless him.