The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 58 of 58

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yebdox
    I love Metheny, but really, what has he contributed to society as a whole? Kenny G, on the other hand, has taken his wealth and success and put it to good use, serving mankind in a way that only he is able….

That's gold! I wonder if Pat is capable of poking fun at himself like that.

Nothing "against" Metheny, but he could learn something from Kenny: live and let live.

Why everyone loves to hate Kenny G, according to the jazz musician himself : NPR

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jameslovestal

I recall similar type situations: Over 25 years ago, Lee Ritenour was playing at a venue with other less-than-jazz guitarists. After a few songs, Rockers, unaware of Lee, started calling out for Smoke on the Water!
    Missed opportunity!

User Info Menu

I actually looked at tickets for this show all over southern CA. There were a couple others much closer to Malibu, but it's possible.

Was the guy just coughing really loud and obnoxiously or was he saying something too? this is an odd heckle?

User Info Menu

Kenny G seems cool, from the article.

I've got other things to do, which is create and practice.

User Info Menu

I stayed away from this conversation just to see what the general consensus was on handling the heckler . Im an old cranky bastard from N.J. Ive been in Ca. a long time but Ill tell you this for a fact. That AH had pulled that crap at a show I paid to attend back in my day in NJ one of the patrons (mabey me) would have removed his ass from the premises taken him in the parking lot and given him a souvenir if security hadnt handled it first. Where the fk was management? With full respect for Pat he should have given the heckler and the management the finger and walked off. Thats inexcusable.
    WOOF!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AaronMColeman
    I actually looked at tickets for this show all over southern CA. There were a couple others much closer to Malibu, but it's possible.

Was the guy just coughing really loud and obnoxiously or was he saying something too? this is an odd heckle?

Someone who was there said the man and his female partner were both drunk, she more than him. He was not heckling, but quarrelling with her. They appeared, to the witness, to be very disturbed people.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    Someone who was there said the man and his female partner were both drunk, she more than him. He was not heckling, but quarrelling with her. They appeared, to the witness, to be very disturbed people.
    Thankfully, this makes more sense. Why anyone would pay for front row seats to hassle any artist is beyond ken. Alcoholic poisoning, on the other hand, has ruined thousands of important events, careers and relationships. Those kinds of shenanigans probably have happened at Pat’s gigs thousands of times, just not in the front row of a quiet, solo concert.

Reassuring that it’s just an understandable, yet still disgusting explanation.

User Info Menu

My 'dad band' was playing a house Halloween party for some wealthy folks very recently (on their patio), and when we were done the audience wanted 'one more song', and with a new singer who had only been with us a month the only one we had up our sleeves was 'Stairway to Heaven'. I hate playing it, but we started it and about 20 seconds in some drunken twenty something starts yelling at me, "Guitar player! Hey Guitar player!" So I look at her, still playing the song, and she yells "You should really end with Closing Time, that's a much better song, right?" And I look over at the singer and his jaw is on the floor LOL. It was actually funny because she was obviously drunk and having a good time, so I just said "Yeah, good idea" and kept playing. THEN..she walked up to me, put her camera in the air to get a selfie with me (while I am continuing to play, mind you, and the singer is singing the opening lines now) and says "Smile for the Selfie!" and took a picture. It was so out of the ordinary I was still smiling after we were all packed up and going home.