The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Pleased to say that I've managed to grab a ticket for one of John Scofield's London dates in November. Looks like he's doing a bit of a European tour...

Anyone else seen / seeing him this year?
    Any idea what to expect? The guys got so much material he could do ten shows and not repeat.
    As long as he does ' a go go' though, that's got to be enforced.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

He just came out with a new double-CD album, so I imagine some of the show will be featuring these tunes! He's unfortunately not coming to my area -- I've seen him several times, though, and he never disappoints! Enjoy!

User Info Menu

New stuff is great! I wonder if he would do any of the Swallow Tales material without Steve too?

Sco's last few have been great.

Well I've been checking out some of his back catalogue recently , based on a top ten albums list that I found via Google, written by someone who seems to know what they are talking about.

Combo 66 I like, but he's got so many albums and u really need to kick back with headphones to appreciate it all properly, something I've not got a lot of time 4.

My guess is that he will do a lot from his 2023 record, unkle John's band, so giving that a good hearing.

A rare chance to see a genuine famous player, aged 70 so still in his prime, gonna be nice.

User Info Menu

As I said elsewhere, I‘ll see hin on a bill with Frisell in Leverkusen in November. I might have a spare ticket.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I saw Scofield last july with his current trio: Bill Stewart and Vincente Archer.
    It was fantastic, I've seen Sco many times in a variety of contexts,
    and to me he just keeps getting better! He was playing on the edge and taking a lot
    of risks. The tunes were quite varied groove wise, very close to what's on his new album: Uncle John's Band.
    Funny guy as well. There was a fire alarm that went off right before the show, we all had to leave the venue for about 30 minutes.
    His tech hurried to the stage and grabbed his guitar, Stewart got his bag with his sticks. The trio was there standing on the street(his tech holding his guitar!)for a few minutes, then the organizers led them to a hotel next door. When the show started he made a bunch of jokes such as thanking whoever set the alarm off for letting him get a chance to catch up on his Facebook updates!
    Last edited by Ronstuff; 10-24-2023 at 11:10 PM.

User Info Menu

There are not a lot of professions in which one reaches one’s prime at age 70. Jazz might be one. (I’m hoping medicine is another…)

So much good music has been made by older musicians…Dr. Lonnie Smith and Pharaoh Sanders made some of the best albums of their careers near 80 years old.

I figure John’s got another decade or so to figure out how to play the dang thing really well.