The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

very cool, I quite enjoyed that, thanks for posting.

I've never really gotten into either of these players, in the sense that nothing has ever grabbed me. But they sound great together; they bring something out in eachother.

At around 17 minutes they do a Jimmy Giuffre tune called "Brief Hesitation." Just last night I was listening to an album by him, Trav'lin Light, with Jim Hall and Bob Brookmeyer on trombone.

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed that - especially the last tune.

User Info Menu

I mean, the level of interplay is so gratifying. Good to see some feedback, by the way!

User Info Menu

I really haven't listened to a lot of guitar duos, but I haven't heard any that got me like this one. I love what they're doing here.

They're so on the same page and I like the book. They have that amazing ability for rubato and hitting their phrases perfectly together. Like a string quartet. Stretching time together. And doing it with improv, which is really something. I'm jealous. I need a guitar buddy.

I especially enjoyed the first thing.

And... Barney Kessel!! :-)

User Info Menu

I was not digging the noise in the first half but got into it in the second half. I like how nice Julian is. Nels is over there being all uppity and Julian is just trying to be accommodating. Lol!