The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

Something about his playing that I always find very musical and enjoyable...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

He's one of the best.

User Info Menu

Top favorite current player of mine!

User Info Menu

That "Live at Murphy's Law" record should be mandatory in all jazz guitar conservatory courses.

User Info Menu

Incredible, underappreciated player. I'll second live at Murphy's law and throw in his record Views. Quartet with Sam Yahel, Bill Stewart, and Seamus Blake, all original material and excellent material at that. He also has a record of Joe Henderson tunes that I'd like to get a hold of.

Also his ES-150 is such a cool guitar.

User Info Menu

Thank you for posting this! So many players I discovered from you folks here on this forum.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BreckerFan
    Incredible, underappreciated player. I'll second live at Murphy's law and throw in his record Views. Quartet with Sam Yahel, Bill Stewart, and Seamus Blake, all original material and excellent material at that. He also has a record of Joe Henderson tunes that I'd like to get a hold of.

Also his ES-150 is such a cool guitar.
    i have that Joe Henderson record, "Phantom" - it's very good, he recorded it with the ES-150. But "Live at Murphy's Law" is the absolute best, IMHO.

User Info Menu

He did a record called Silk Rush with the phenomenal Jazz Orchestra of the Concertgebouw. Ruller wrote all of it. Check it out, it’s great.

User Info Menu

Came across this concert on youtube. Worth reviving a thread over.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AllanAllen
    Came across this concert on youtube. Worth reviving a thread over.

Wow, great find, thanks! Lots of work to do with the first 10 minutes, I know what I'm working on this morning

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jorgemg1984
    i have that Joe Henderson record, "Phantom" - it's very good, he recorded it with the ES-150. But "Live at Murphy's Law" is the absolute best, IMHO.
    Agreed. But, I always agree with Jorge!

User Info Menu

Always liked and admired JVR, terrific player.

User Info Menu

Great chops&great feeling!!

User Info Menu

One of the best - and very unique

For a small country, the Netherlands produces more than its fair share of jazz guitar talent (and luthiers)

User Info Menu

Worth listening to.