The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

It doesn't seem like 55 years ago. The place - Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club, on a Friday Night in 1965.

I went to the bar where Wes was having a drink between sets and asked him to sign the book which I had bought that day in the Ivor Mairants Music shop. I then returned to my seat a couple of feet from his stool and the Standel Amp and did not move until it was all over in the early hours of the morning. Never forgot it!!

Dave Gould

Another Wes Anniversary Pic-img_20230616_0001-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That's super cool thanks for sharing

User Info Menu

That is a wonderful memory for sure! I was stageside for Wes in 1967 at Boston's Jazz Workshop on my 21st birthday. Those thrills are indelible - I can still feel it today. But I have to wonder why CC's name was misspelled on that book - I've never seen it with a "y" before.

Quote Originally Posted by nevershouldhavesoldit
    That is a wonderful memory for sure! I was stageside for Wes in 1967 at Boston's Jazz Workshop on my 21st birthday. Those thrills are indelible - I can still feel it today. But I have to wonder why CC's name was misspelled on that book - I've never seen it with a "y" before.
    It is unusual to spell it with a "Y" but that is how it was spelled/misspelled on the original Esoteric release of the Mintons session. Chas Colin took the spelling from that record.

Charley Christian – Charley Christian At Minton'''s (1974, Vinyl) - Discogs

DG

User Info Menu

Damn, you guys make me feel young, and I’m 68!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Damn, you guys make me feel young, and I’m 68!
    You ARE young, you little whippersnapper!

Another Wes Anniversary Pic-old-man-waving-cane-gif