The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

I was looking for Boss GP10 users and I found this amazing player.

Tory Slusher - YouTube

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Wow!

Such a versatile technique (such a fluid and musical tappinig playing), vast vocabulary and great taste.

User Info Menu

Stanley Jordan is another great tapper

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by garybaldy
    Stanley Jordan is another great tapper
    I hear a lot of great ideas in Tory’s playing but what I miss is real phrasing. There are always those hesitant moments were everything falls apart due to having to think about the next step or technical difficulties. [This BTW is the reason why I do not post myself yet — I do not want to present myself like that, apart from the fact that I am probably lightyears away from some of the things Tory is doing].

In contrary to that Stanley Jordan (though not my favorite cup of tea) was always groovin’ like hell — also in rubato.

User Info Menu

There are always those hesitant moments were everything falls apart due to having to think about the next step or technical difficulties
    I noticed that moments too. But I think her timing has the quality that allows to do that, it is like general breath or flow allows to make that pause. At least to my ear.

But I agree that overall she sounds a bit abstract (not mechanic but as if she uis looking at music ftom outside) which to me is general quality of many modern players even some really top ones.

As for Stanley I like his overall feel of old school but lively groove but I am not really following his soloing.

User Info Menu

I have been listening to Bird since 1972 and I love Hot House, I don’t see anything wrong with her phrasing, as a matter of fact I really dig her style of comping and soloing at the same time. Makes me wonder what lenny Breau could have done with the two hand tapping if he had came up with the technique which Jordan developed in the 80’s.

User Info Menu

Oh, by the way, does anyone know what kind of squire telecaster she is playing? Is that an affinity?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nakim55
    Oh, by the way, does anyone know what kind of squire telecaster she is playing? Is that an affinity?
    It's "the very cheap Bullet", in her own words. I think that It is not Squier Tele looking guitar that she plays now, one with inscription "Fainder".

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nakim55
    On another look, it just might be the same guitar. Anyway, the one with inscription Squier is Bullet.

User Info Menu

Same blue squire, she says in one of her comments that she put that “fainder” decal on the headstock. I think she has had a couple other decals on that headstock. A bullet, lol, she sure plays the heck out of it! I might have to score one to go along with my $200 GROTE, lol. She stated in one of her recent comments that she had to sell the Stromberg “for money,” so I guess she is back to the Squire. Poor thing, with her talent she deserves some money!