The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Any opinions on Sco's 2022 solo record?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I'd always loved the personal and uniquely individual feel that Sco infused all his playing with. Whether in front of a stadium with Miles or fueling a crowd of jam band fans, his touch, phrasing and approach has been honestly and purposely his own. I think he's the epitome of 'owning your sound', and through his live performances, he's always shown his solo side in intros and acoustic numbers. I've waited a long time for this release.
    I think it's understated, poetic and a delight all at once. There's no pretension about it, and it's beautifully recorded.
    There's always been a disparity between studio Sco and live Sco, with the exception of the Live date way back with Beirach. Now that he's playing solo, I feel he's having a real conversation with the audience. There's an 'in my living room' vibe to it. I love it!

User Info Menu

It’s fun, pure Sco. If he thinks it’s worth putting out, shy as he is, I think it’s worth listening to. One time through and I realize I really need to sit and actually listen attentively, though.

User Info Menu

Surprising this is the first post about the new album on the Jazz Guitar Forum.

Love the way Sco coaxes sounds out of his strings and there is plenty of that on display here. I’m always interested in the application of looper especially in jazz. Sco uses it in basically a conventional manner but somehow makes the looper sound natural. Love his interpretation of “You Win Again”.

User Info Menu

I forgot about it, I put it on spotify after I saw this thread, it's nice.

User Info Menu

I thought it was a great album. My favorite parts were the moments he plays completely solo. Every time I listen to him I remind myself what a amazing player he is!

User Info Menu

I like those parts best that use the looper for ambience, not just for comping. And of course, Not Fade Away is a great, great tune!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk