The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

I've seen Pat quite a few times beginning with my time at Berklee in '73. If you get a chance go. Best show I've seen in years...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Who was he playing with? His last live album was off the charts great.

User Info Menu

Great to hear! I just got a ticket to see him in September when he tours Canada... three rows back from the stage. It will be my first time seeing him. Can't wait.

I'm really digging his new Side-eye album as well. Very tasteful arrangements.

User Info Menu

Saw him in November. It was transcendent. His Side Eye trio was outstanding.

User Info Menu

from Pat's site...unfortunately he's not coming out to California this time...hope you guys dig it. I've seen him maybe 20 times in a bunch of contexts. Got to shake his hand one time when he dropped in to play with Charlie Haden at a veggie restaurant in Venice CA. One of my faves for sure.

...the live version of SIDE-EYE will feature the phenomenally talented pianist/organist/keyboardist James Francies. The drum chair in SIDE-EYE has been filled to-date by some of the most exciting players around including Eric Harland, Anwar Marshall and most notably, Marcus Gilmore, who is spotlighted on the recording. The exciting young New Orleans drummer, Joe Dyson, will be featured in the upcoming live performances around the world.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flat
    from Pat's site...unfortunately he's not coming out to California this time...hope you guys dig it. I've seen him maybe 20 times in a bunch of contexts. Got to shake his hand one time when he dropped in to play with Charlie Haden at a veggie restaurant in Venice CA. One of my faves for sure.

...the live version of SIDE-EYE will feature the phenomenally talented pianist/organist/keyboardist James Francies. The drum chair in SIDE-EYE has been filled to-date by some of the most exciting players around including Eric Harland, Anwar Marshall and most notably, Marcus Gilmore, who is spotlighted on the recording. The exciting young New Orleans drummer, Joe Dyson, will be featured in the upcoming live performances around the world.
    Yea, I get on the website and a banner pops up that says something to the effect of "no concerts in the Los Angeles area" (I'm in the O.C.).

I said bummer and then; hey they are spying on me!
    Last edited by jameslovestal; 02-21-2022 at 01:42 PM.

User Info Menu

Went to see him with my wife on 2/9 in Durham NC. I haven't seen him live in many years. He had the trio mentioned above. Fantastic! My wife was not that familiar with him and she loved it! A couple of the songs made her cry (Last Train Home for one). He writes such beautiful melodies!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieAG
    A couple of the songs made her cry (Last Train Home for one). He writes such beautiful melodies!
    Your wife has great taste in tunes.

She might like this rendition:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sherry
    Your wife has great taste in tunes.

She might like this rendition:
    Thanks, I'm sure she will like that. She recently lost her younger brother to cancer and "Last Train Home" caused her to think of him.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieAG
    Thanks, I'm sure she will like that. She recently lost her younger brother to cancer and "Last Train Home" caused her to think of him.
    I'm sorry for your loss and hers.
    That can't be easy.

"The Crooked Road Home" indeed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bflat
    Saw him in November. It was transcendent. His Side Eye trio was outstanding.
    I also saw him in November. The Side Eye trio is great, and Pat is just incredible.

User Info Menu

I saw him on the 8th in Asheville NC.
    It was a good show.