The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I watched the documentary last night. It is really good IMHO. Check it out even if you aren’t a fan.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I’m looking forward to it. Is it on steaming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

It was on the Amazon Prime service. Cost like $4.

User Info Menu

Yep, I'm a fan, and I watched it, too! Fun, interesting; I wish they had more extended live tunes (they mostly had clips).

[Even better, though: when searching for it on Amazon, I saw they also had several other Zappa films available for streaming, including the "Roxy" concerts!!]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dlew919
    I’m looking forward to it. Is it on steaming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That sounds like a quote from Zappa: “A steaming pile of poo”...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Yep, I'm a fan, and I watched it, too! Fun, interesting; I wish they had more extended live tunes (they mostly had clips).

[Even better, though: when searching for it on Amazon, I saw they also had several other Zappa films available for streaming, including the "Roxy" concerts!!]
    I was listening to the soundtrack earlier this week, which I think has all the extended versions of the songs.

While I personally love long live versions of songs by artists I like, in the context of a documentary it ruins the flow for people who aren’t obsessive fans.

I have thought that such documentaries should have a website with links to the full performances of the songs/movies, as some do.

User Info Menu

It was great seeing Ruth play 'The Black Page' on piano
    I still flub the last section on mallets and I've been trying to play it for 25 years.