The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 53 of 53

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic

the painter on the cover of jim halls-jazz guitar- lp is heralded west coast abstract expressionist -john altoon...these days considered the leader of a group of now internationally famous socal/la artists known as -the cool school

his 1950 painting-the jazz players
    cheers
    Oh, interesting. I like "The Jazz Players" image you posted, and I like that era of painting generally. Will have to check him out.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

So many to choose from, I think some of my favorites are the sideman ones with Paul Desmond.

As for Jim’s own albums, this is the one that started it all for me:

Happy Birthday Jim Hall - So What's Your Favorite JH Album?-e96f8489-8e06-42a6-a2c0-c998d303a22a-jpeg

I must have listened to it a thousand times from 1982 to present. A few years back, I got the ArtistShare package with three CDs worth of music from the same date - Village Vanguard I think.

Happy Birthday Jim Hall - So What's Your Favorite JH Album?-e6f9a76b-7942-4968-9e8e-51c8caee98f8-jpeg

Fantastic.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BickertRules
    So many to choose from, I think some of my favorites are the sideman ones with Paul Desmond.

As for Jim’s own albums, this is the one that started it all for me:

Happy Birthday Jim Hall - So What's Your Favorite JH Album?-e96f8489-8e06-42a6-a2c0-c998d303a22a-jpeg

I must have listened to it a thousand times from 1982 to present. A few years back, I got the ArtistShare package with three CDs worth of music from the same date - Village Vanguard I think.

Happy Birthday Jim Hall - So What's Your Favorite JH Album?-e6f9a76b-7942-4968-9e8e-51c8caee98f8-jpeg

Fantastic.
    I was just listening to this one again this morning....Fantastic!