Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 59 of 59

User Info Menu

Those are some of my favourite Bill's sessions on youtube

As for LPs

East West is more traditional

I love some of the sets with Paul Motian

Some early conceptual stuff could be also fun... all this 'americana' vibe

But what I like about Bill is that for me he is like a river... I do not expect from him a hight-light album...
    Sco and Bill for me are epitome of modern jazz guitar playing - they just quietly do what they love right now and you follow it and enjoy - some time it is better some times maybe not ... but it i salways good.. and it is alway in the moment.
    To enjoy their music you should just witness the moment and be in the moment with them...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I especially love his Music IS and Unspeakable albums. The tune Pretty Stars always stops me in my tracks.

For something completely different, I can’t get enough of Floratone’s first album with Matt Chamberlain, Tucker Martine and Lee Townsend.

User Info Menu

Suddenly I came across this on youtube...

Lovely set... and Bill sits in and here he is probably as traditional as he can be.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

His new album Orchestras has just been released on Blue Note. The closest thing to a concerto for electric guitar.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by docsteve View Post
    His new album Orchestras has just been released on Blue Note. The closest thing to a concerto for electric guitar.

I put it on when I went to bed last night, but I fell asleep. Have to try again. What I did hear of it, very interesting. I feel like people with either love or hate this one...
    Last edited by ruger9; 05-04-2024 at 10:35 AM.

User Info Menu

I‘ll see Bill with the trio next week, in Oberhausen, of all places. Tickets still available.

User Info Menu

Attached is someone's PhD dissertation re: Bill Frisell's playing on Paul Motian's On Broadway recordings. It includes quite a few transcriptions.

Appendix A: Solo Transcriptions:
    “All the Things you Are”, “Body and Soul”, “Bye Ya”, “Evidence”, “How Deep is the Ocean”, “I Got Rhythm”, “I Remember You”
    “It Might As Well Be Spring”, “Just One of Those Things”, “Off Minor”, “Pennies from Heaven”, “RE: Person I Knew”, “So in Love”
    “Someone to Watch Over Me”, “They Didn’t Believe Me”, “Time Remembered”, “Turn Out the Stars”, “Very Early”, “Walkin’ Up”
    “Weaver of Dreams”, “You and the Night and the Music”.
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Thank you. I was looking for some inspiration. This is an interesting and valuable work.