The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 32 of 32

User Info Menu

Thank you ginod & David for the inclusion in your lists!

I agree with all mentioned, and would like to add a few contemporary players of all ages that are doing great things in that style: Alexander Brott, Clément Trimouille, Jacob Artved, Andrew Latona, Joseph Wittman, Ki-hong Jang, Laurent Bachelard, Ben Bishop, Lucian Gray, David Blenkhorn, Dan Axelrod, Yves Brouqui, Hugo Lippi, Joel Fass, Eleonora Strino, Jack Kinsella, Kris Kaiser, Ray Macchiarola, Mark Elf, Katia Schiavone, Adam Moezinia, Randy Napoleon, Steve Nelson, Kai Gluska, Harrison Dolphin, Greg Ruggiero, David Rourke, Stefan Melovski, etc.

I would also add a few players devoted to earlier styles of jazz guitar: Craig Ventresco, Nick Rossi, Arnt Artnzen, Félix Hunot, Lucas Montagnier, etc.

I know I'm forgetting some names at the moment and that I'm going to regret it later, but that's a start.

Hope everybody's safe! Best to all.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

joelf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix Lemerle
    Thank you ginod & David for the inclusion in your lists!

I agree with all mentioned, and would like to add a few contemporary players of all ages that are doing great things in that style: Alexander Brott, Clément Trimouille, Jacob Artved, Andrew Latona, Joseph Wittman, Ki-hong Jang, Laurent Bachelard, Ben Bishop, Lucian Gray, David Blenkhorn, Dan Axelrod, Yves Brouqui, Hugo Lippi, Joel Fass, Eleonora Strino, Jack Kinsella, Kris Kaiser, Ray Macchiarola, Mark Elf, Katia Schiavone, Adam Moezinia, Randy Napoleon, Steve Nelson, Kai Gluska, Harrison Dolphin, Greg Ruggiero, David Rourke, Stefan Melovski, etc.

I would also add a few players devoted to earlier styles of jazz guitar: Craig Ventresco, Nick Rossi, Arnt Artnzen, Félix Hunot, Lucas Montagnier, etc.

I know I'm forgetting some names at the moment and that I'm going to regret it later, but that's a start.

Hope everybody's safe! Best to all.
    Felix! Behave yourself! (I love teasing him!)

Do I get a royalty now that you mentioned me? Seriously, thanks for including Ray Mac---my 'wayback'. Did anyone say Joe Cohn or Chris Flory?

Good to see you here...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joelf
    F[/I]elix! Behave yourself! (I love teasing him!)

Do I get a royalty now that you mentioned me? Seriously, thanks for including Ray Mac---my 'wayback'. Did anyone say Joe Cohn or Chris Flory?

Good to see you here...
    Much love Joel! Hope you're good.

Yes, Joe Cohn and Chris Flory, two of my all-time favorites, were mentioned, thus me not including them here.

joelf Guest
    Much love Joel! Hope you're good.

Yes, Joe Cohn and Chris Flory, two of my all-time favorites, were mentioned, thus me not including them here.
    And another thing: How dare you guys call me 'retro? Why, just yesterday I wrote a tune that had 2 fourths in it!

...after I'd consumed 2 fifths...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joelf
    And another thing: How dare you guys call me 'retro? Why, just yesterday I wrote a tune that had 2 fourths in it!

...after I'd consumed 2 fifths...
    Hah! Well, anyone dabbling in swinging is labeled "retro" these days. I just roll with it.

User Info Menu

The guy in this vid, Josh Dunn

joelf Guest
    Hah! Well, anyone dabbling in swinging is labeled "retro" these days. I just roll with it.
    Retro, yiz say?! RETRO?!!

Speaking of Ray Mac (and me), is this RETRO enough? (I love this!):