The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31

User Info Menu

+1 I absolutely agree with you. I actually wanted to run up and snatch the Loar Gibson right out of his hands and have him written up for being more than two genres away from something culturally/socially acceptable to play on an L-5 that is worth its weight in gold.

"Lola" was offensive enough (good song, but not on a Loar signature '24 L-5), but "Beth," for crying out loud...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

You can play most anything on just about any guitar. There ARE limits, however. Playing "Beth" on a Loar Gibson L-5 is right up their with electing to play "Nuages" on one of the Strawberry Alarm Clock's custom Mosrite guitars--you can do it, but please:
    Very Cool Early George Van Eps Pic - Electar Guitars-mosrite_trio-jpg

User Info Menu

I think you may have uploaded the wrong image. Those are snowboards, right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Okay, he might not be an idiot, but why oh why does he seem to want to appear to be one? And he's not alone. Many guitar reviewers seem to think we are as interested in them as we are in the guitars. Not so.
    I hear you, it is annoying. Almost as bad as Lead Singer's Disease.

User Info Menu

You know, Harvard is caving in to Lead Singer's Disease. The changes in their curriculum, e.g., eliminating music theory as a requirement, is a nod to the folks who show up wanting to major in music--i.e., want to sing--but don't want to sweat to the oldies.

User Info Menu

Majoring in music while eliminating theory ... that's like majoring in science while eliminating algebra.