The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 59 of 59

User Info Menu

I got Barney Kessel (I dont why but I did)... with Lagrene I thought about him it reminded me his early electric stuff with Pastorius but I was nto sure... Mike Stern of course and Jim Hall

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by destinytot
    Yes!
    haha I knew it, had the same reaction! Thought somebody was just taking the piss, but then it would be #1, and it was NUMBER 2... not a coincidence?

Please forgive me Tal Farlow fans

User Info Menu

haha I knew it, had the same reaction! Thought somebody was just taking the piss, but then it would be #1, and it was NUMBER 2... not a coincidence?
    Same thing here!

User Info Menu

Kessel, Hall and Stern easy. The rest I've had wrong

User Info Menu

I confused myself by thinking their wouldn't be any repetition from vid one lol. At least I recognised Raney.

User Info Menu

Since I mostly listen to the 50s guitar players it was easy to spot Kessell, Farlow, and Raney. I also got Burrell due to his blues note choices and Lagrene (since I have that CD). I admit I got lucky with Hall (had a 50s sound but the playing was more 'out-there' so I guessed Hall!).

Believed Stern was Johnny Mac.

Haha, I picked Tal easy! Mainly because I recognise that sloppy picking anywhere . Alas, still only 4 for me: Tal, Raney, Lenny and Hall. The others were hard from a short listen, I mean, Kessell could have been Burell and vice versa, and Martin Taylor sounded a bit like Birelli! I probably liked the last 3 the best (except for Stern's tone) and am now intrigued to hear more Joe Diorio. These are fun!

User Info Menu

I wasn't sure about Kessel until he bent a note, that was the give-away. I don't think anyone else used to do that as much as him back then.

User Info Menu

I only got Jim Hall