The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

You ask me to be precise, and you have written something so imprecise...

Django didn't travel like a nomad. He lived at Toulon and Paris (porte de choisy). Although he lived in a caravan, he was sedentary like the majority of his communauty, the "manouches". He has finished his life in a house at Samois sur Seine.

But it's not a Django thread, it's the Rene Thomas thread. Two different styles.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I've been a bit imprecise...I just meant he didn't live in Belgium, and that his family moved in France at that time.

My bad ;-)

Thanks for the precisions anyway

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jay
    Another interesting European jazzguitar player is the French Sacha Distel.
    His teacher, Henri Salvador, is excellent. His guitar album is "Salvador plays the blues", it's a very strange album with a match between the guitar and the scat lines.
    He was a wonderful singer, too, close to nat king cole. He has played like a sideman for Django Reinhardt.

For Rene Thomas, west coast blues with the organ is very well.
    I feel the style of René Thomas is highlighted when he plays in organ trio.

User Info Menu

The organ trio's recordings are great, but as a sideman: On Sonny Rollins "Brass/Trio" he plays some tasty solo's on the Brass-side of the record with a big horn section. He may sounds a bit lost but really shines as an individual voice.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...9376545&sr=1-5

ps. "The concept of nationality for the gypsy is I think, a little abstract."
    should of course be: "The concept of nationality for the
    Belgian is I think, a little abstract."
    Last edited by funkmp; 03-23-2010 at 04:47 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkmp
    ps. "The concept of nationality for the gypsy is I think, a little abstract."
    should of course be: "The concept of nationality for the
    Belgian is I think, a little abstract."
    Looool

So true!