The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 29 of 29

User Info Menu

I had a VHS copy of her teaching video "Advanced Jazz and Latin" improv years ago. It was very illuminating. Emily related she had no problem hearing lines over major and minor but always had difficulty hearing dominant sounds. She worked out a way to improvise using only major and minor scales (plus arpeggios, of course). Her feel for the time and tempo was rock solid.

YouTube has a number of people''s performances of her beautiful arrangement of Jobim's song "The Red Blouse."

http://www.allthingsemily.com/pdfima...louseNoTab.pdf

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Just purchased a copy of copy of Retrospective Vol.1. Great CD - I've really been enjoying listening to it. Her lesson videos are great too - down to earth, unpretentious, cool concepts...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    I saw Emily Remler live in 1985 at a long gone San Francisco Jazz Club called Milestones. She was an amazing player (I was sitting just a few feet from her the whole evening). I have all of her albums and feel that she is one of the legends of the jazz guitar. She may have died young, but her music is eternal.
    Was she playing with Larry Coryell on that date? If so, I was there too. Great evening of music.

User Info Menu

a tune of Claude Tornhill ,she played on track 2 in her album East to Wes, with my last trio