The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Posts 301 to 325 of 554

User Info Menu

Actually I think one could make the case that plectrum playing is more difficult than fingerstyle. Non-adjacent string crossing anyone?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazznylon
    Actually I think one could make the case that plectrum playing is more difficult than fingerstyle. Non-adjacent string crossing anyone?
    Well you are the first that i saw claiming that .
    Anyways i want to say something to all. I will go away from the forum for a time. I will grow my technique (i am 6 months focused in rest stroke) and will get back after making some worthy recordings. I wont read or reply any more messages till then. When i get back i will reply to the people. I dont know how much will it take. See you till then. I will be back hopefully soon

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzyguitar
    Anyways i want to say something to all. I will go away from the forum for a time. I will grow my technique (i am 6 months focused in rest stroke) and will get back after making some worthy recordings. I wont read or reply any more messages till then. When i get back i will reply to the people. I dont know how much will it take. See you till then. I will be back hopefully soon
    Don't forget to say hello to fingernylon

User Info Menu

Maybe when he comes back, we can have a race to see who can get to the end of a song the fastest.

User Info Menu

There's always one.......

User Info Menu

I loathe the word jazzy. It sounds like a sweater ones aunt bought for you in the 1970's.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by A. Kingstone
    I loathe the word jazzy. It sounds like a sweater ones aunt bought for you in the 1970's.
    I liked that sweater. May still have it around here somewhere …

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by A. Kingstone
    You're not alone.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pcjazz
    I liked that sweater. May still have it around here somewhere …
    You wear it well Paul.

User Info Menu

There was no musicality in it just a slurry of indistinct notes. Slow down and try to be more musical. Play it as music. I don't think Pasquale has anything to fear so far.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Christian Miller;1126855]Alternatively you could play us some music.[/QUOT
    There was no musicality in it just a slurry of indistinct notes. Slow down and try to be more musical. Play it as music. I don't think Pasquale has anything to fear so far and probably not for a decade or so.

User Info Menu

Feel free to take another 9 years away from the forum, as you did before. We won’t mind, honestly.

User Info Menu

All this fingers vs pick arguing, I thought I was on Talkbass.

Anyway, here's PG at Smalls recently.

User Info Menu

are you that Robert koa guy posting under a different name? The tone of the posts sound similar IIRC, namely, the bits where you constantly talk your self up, while others can’t hold a candle to your technique etc and back then you also threatened to go on “sabbatical” and return as an all conquering hero. LOL

Two comments:
    -It’s so, so difficult to be a working jazz musician in NYC or anywhere for that matter. I believe if someone has made it then he-she should have our support.
    - progress should not be thought of as only linear but perhaps an ever widening circle. This allows us to take our personality and experiences into our playing.
    That’s all. I’ll go back to lurking now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Mr. Beaumont for the tip on the Ernest Ranglin Basslines album,I really enjoyed it today. Knowing how difficult it is to make a living as a musician in a industry town especially I really dont have much good use for Trolls and Haters in Life. I vote Critic guitar players put up one of their videos under PG or whoever so we will know how CREDIBLE YOU REALLY ARE . I joined JGO to be an encourager and teacher at 65 years old. It doesnt cost anything to nice isnt there enough HATE in world already? And Ill sure be looking forward to TROLL CRITIC players OWN VIDEOS TO SHOW US HOW ITS REALLY DONE RIGHT BY YOU!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steve burchfield
    Thank you Mr. Beaumont for the tip on the Ernest Ranglin Basslines album,I really enjoyed it today. Knowing how difficult it is to make a living as a musician in a industry town especially I really dont have much good use for Trolls and Haters in Life. I vote Critic guitar players put up one of their videos under PG or whoever so we will know how CREDIBLE YOU REALLY ARE . I joined JGO to be an encourager and teacher at 65 years old. It doesnt cost anything to nice isnt there enough HATE in world already? And Ill sure be looking forward to TROLL CRITIC players OWN VIDEOS TO SHOW US HOW ITS REALLY DONE RIGHT BY YOU!!!
    Apparently he’s gone now.

Left out the word be before nice.Its a Red Volkart quote. Pardon my spelling Im only a Human.

User Info Menu

FYI, FWIW, Steve, you can always edit your own posts if you make a typo or other error, or just want to change what you posted. Just go to the post and click on the Edit Post button, change what you want, and click on Save Changes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steve burchfield

Ah, glad you liked it. One of my absolute favorites.

Check out Memories of Barber Mack if you haven't heard that one.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Ah, glad you liked it. One of my absolute favorites.

Check out Memories of Barber Mack if you haven't heard that one.
    The two Rankin albums you mentioned are the two I have. I have found these two be very good dinner party albums. I know most of my friends (and 99% of my wife's), don't want to listen to straight ahead \ bebop jazz, but I don't wish to play music with lyrics since that can be distracting or music like The Beatles, or Sinatra even if most people like them.

But those two Rankin albums have a great grove and vibe without being too "difficult" for the everyday non-jazz listener.

User Info Menu

Pasquale Grasso's manager just shared on Facebook this new YouTube video of Sunday's final of the Sarah Vaughan International Jazz Vocal Competition.

Grasso accompanies 2019 winner Samara Joy in a short set from 1:15:

User Info Menu

David, so you’re not his manager after all!

Anyway, keep on ‘spaming’, as that person so quaintly put it!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tal_175
    On a more superficial note, looks like PG is back to laminate maple top guitars. Is that a Trenier Jazz special?
    Trenier Jazz Special — Trenier Guitars
    Yes, that's a Trenier Jazz Special, with a floating Pete Biltoft humbucker.

Some photos and discussion over in the Trenier Guitars thread: Trenier guitars

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    David, so you’re not his manager after all!

Anyway, keep on ‘spaming’, as that person so quaintly put it!
    +1. Lots of Pasquale love on JGF. And a wee bit of trolling.