Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
Posts 551 to 556 of 556

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Pasquale Grasso-418499447_10233213172453921_5253748225501763547_n-jpg

User Info Menu

A significant part of Pasquale Grasso's set at Freight & Salvage in Berkley, CA, on 19th January has been uploaded to YouTube.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

This is the only player where I didn't like him at all at first, now I love his playing. WTF happened? Maybe I had no taste of wasn't ready for it? Lately I listen to Pasquale almost every day and I even bought his lessons online. When I first heard him I was thinking "too many notes, not enough melody." It was years ago. Did he improve in this area or was I just totally missing the boat?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JazzIsGood View Post
    This is the only player where I didn't like him at all at first, now I love his playing. WTF happened? Maybe I had no taste of wasn't ready for it? Lately I listen to Pasquale almost every day and I even bought his lessons online. When I first heard him I was thinking "too many notes, not enough melody." It was years ago. Did he improve in this area or was I just totally missing the boat?
    Acquired taste, I felt the same way about Joe Pass. I couldn’t tell what was happening and couldn’t hear the changes. It was all chords and noodling.

I feel like you have to be a musician to appreciate some of this music.