The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 21 of 21

User Info Menu

I haven't heard much about Adam Rogers in awhile, even searching not much in past six months or more. Anyone know what he's up to, he's one of my favorite young guitarists.

For those that might not be familiar with him here's a YT of him at the Baked Potato with Bob Shepard (one of my favorite LA sax players.)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

He's one of my very favs. He posted something about being in the studio with some group I'd never heard of doing their first recording. Dice. ?? This is facebook. And several people chimed in that it's about time. So it would appear he's busy.

User Info Menu

Thanks Henry that's good to hear. The only recent thing I found search was back in May playing a festival. I'll check his FB page.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by henryrobinett
    He's one of my very favs. He posted something about being in the studio with some group I'd never heard of doing their first recording. Dice. ?? This is facebook. And several people chimed in that it's about time. So it would appear he's busy.
    I'll be picking that one up for sure!

Adam Rogers' DICE: Live At 92Y Tribeca : NPR

User Info Menu

He's pretty much just busy playing around town. I get to see him pretty often because of my job. Last time I saw him he played with a friend of mine, great tenor player, Jure Pukl. It was Coltrane's birthday, and he destroyed 26-2 so hard he created a wormhole into a new dimension.

User Info Menu

Didn't he recently release a CD with a new group called FORQ?

One of my favorite players, ever. Not just a chops monster, but a really creative musical cat.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzpunk
    Very cool video - really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting this!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dana
    Didn't he recently release a CD with a new group called FORQ?

One of my favorite players, ever. Not just a chops monster, but a really creative musical cat.
    Thanks for the heads up. Hadn't heard of this one!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzpunk
    Thanks for the heads up. Hadn't heard of this one!
    Cool video. Both the videos posted nice seeing/hearing Adam using other setups than his 335 and Twin. I remember when I saw him back with Patitucci his sound was SO dark.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by docbop
    Cool video. Both the videos posted nice seeing/hearing Adam using other setups than his 335 and Twin. I remember when I saw him back with Patitucci his sound was SO dark.
    I agree. I really dig when he reaches for the tele!

Heres' another clip:

Last edited by Jazzpunk; 11-17-2014 at 11:04 PM.

User Info Menu

Bought the FORQ album a few days ago. It's great!

He's in Europe next February with Chris Potter's Underground.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by David B
    Bought the FORQ album a few days ago. It's great!

He's in Europe next February with Chris Potter's Underground.
    Any idea if the Underground band is playing US dates soon? I want to see them badly.

User Info Menu

There's a good audio interview (from 2011) with Adam Rogers over at Jason Crane's excellent podcast/blog site The Jazz Session - link: The Jazz Session with Jason Crane » The Jazz Session #257: Adam Rogers

User Info Menu

I was checking out some Chris Potter Youtubes and came across this documentary on the Underground band with lots of Adam Rogers content. Thought I'd post if any of you haven't seen it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by docbop
    I was checking out some Chris Potter Youtubes and came across this documentary on the Underground band with lots of Adam Rogers content. Thought I'd post if any of you haven't seen it.
    Cool!

I've seen these guys live a couple times: ri-don-cu-lous!! The first tune blew me out of the water; I was ready to leave, and then they played more!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Cool!

I've seen these guys live a couple times: ri-don-cu-lous!! The first tune blew me out of the water; I was ready to leave, and then they played more!!
    Here's a concert video with Wayne Krantz on guitar.

User Info Menu

You guys have probably seen these Chris Potter clips with Rogers but might as well add them to the mix.

User Info Menu

I used to love the sound he had in Lost Tribe

and love his sound in Chris Potter Underground

On the other hand, I don't "get" his tone with the ES335, it sounds dead to my ears.

Just found this, posted a few days ago!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by future2future
    Just found this, posted a few days ago!
    very cool - thanks for this

User Info Menu