The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 34 of 34

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Hanlon
    Ralph Towner/Gary Peacock - Oracle or A Closer View (both are excellent)
    Gary Peacock also did a duet w/ Frisell that is pretty interesting called "Just So Happens" that might be worth checking out. =-) PJ

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

While we're on the Scofield topic, does anybody know what the name of the album was that I had years ago but lost. It was pretty early (probably 1986 or '87). It was mostly a trio thing, if I recall: Scofield, Frisell and John Abercrombie. They played part of "Love Supreme".

User Info Menu

Another vote for anything with Ed Bickert and Don Thompson.
    Keep an eye out for Reg Schwager too. He's also a Canadian, and he's quite literally followed in Bickert's footsteps, taking over guitar duties with the Boss Brass. He and Don do duo gigs around Toronto.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by franco6719
    While we're on the Scofield topic, does anybody know what the name of the album was that I had years ago but lost. It was pretty early (probably 1986 or '87). It was mostly a trio thing, if I recall: Scofield, Frisell and John Abercrombie. They played part of "Love Supreme".
    You may be thinking of Bass Desires by Marc Johnson. I think he plays with BF and JS on Resolution from A Love Supreme?

User Info Menu

It just occurred to me the other day that we missed out on what could have been one of the best duos of all time. It would have been amazing to have heard Jimmy Blanton and Charlie Christian together.

Check out Barney Kessel and Red Mitchell's "Two Way Conversation" as well!

User Info Menu

Alone Together, Jim Hall/Ron Carter

Doggin' Around, Herb Ellis/Red Mitchell

User Info Menu

Another vote for Joe Pass & NHOP / Chops.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DanielSchroederMusic
    Check out Barney Kessel and Red Mitchell's "Two Way Conversation" as well!
    Actual conversation between Russell Malone and Christian McBride:

They also recorded a duet (Amazon Prime members can stream it, also available on iTunes)
    http://www.amazon.com/Sister-Rosa-Fe.../dp/B005SKHYG0