The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

I like that sound...

Last edited by kris; 02-22-2012 at 04:39 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice video! Thanks for posting.

I saw him live a few months ago. He played a Gibson 175 through a Fender Twin Reverb, and used a Voodoo Sparkle Drive. I think he had a couple other pedals as well, but I don't remember what they were. Fantastic show - a great player, great composer, great composer. Do you have any of his CDs? They are all very good.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FatJeff
    Nice video! Thanks for posting.

I saw him live a few months ago. He played a Gibson 175 through a Fender Twin Reverb, and used a Voodoo Sparkle Drive. I think he had a couple other pedals as well, but I don't remember what they were. Fantastic show - a great player, great composer, great composer. Do you have any of his CDs? They are all very good.
    I have to buy CDs of J.K.

User Info Menu

OK- that was fun - luv me some Hammond organ...

User Info Menu

Cool stuff. Kreisberg is pushing the envelope on jazz tones recently. I have the album he did with Lonnie Smith, it's very good. It's called "Spiral".

User Info Menu

Kreisberg also employs some kind of octave/harmonizer pedal at times (can't remember which one). Think it might be this one:

I saw him with that same line up last year and they tore it up! Lonnie Smith is one of my all time favs.
    Last edited by Jazzpunk; 02-22-2012 at 02:10 PM.

User Info Menu

I think he's using that Micro Pog on this Monk tune:

User Info Menu

nice!!!!

User Info Menu

I think the way he uses that effect is disgusting, really ugly sound to my taste.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nion
    I think the way he uses that effect is disgusting, really ugly sound to my taste.
    Yeah, I don't like it much either. Great player though.

User Info Menu

It does kind of sound "chipmunkish".

PJ

User Info Menu

why?

User Info Menu

The audio in that sound clip is shite. The effect sounds much better live and on record. I get why purists don't like it though.

Kreisberg uses it sparingly so just felt like another tonal color when I saw him live. It would get old if he had it on all the time!

User Info Menu

I prefer clean jazz sound on good jazz arch-top...anway

User Info Menu

I actually had to arrange his gear once. He gave a masterclass in the day and a concert the night before with his band at the conservatoire where I study. He requested a polytone amp with a 15" speaker and an oldskool deluxe reverb. 'twas a whole mess arranging it but I did and he couldn't have been happier! Later on I had to get him a little heater for his hands because he wasn't used to the chilly Dutch climate (he had just been to Spain). At some point he almost had to actually crash at my place because the hotel seemed to be too far away to get to before the gig, but that worked out eventually. Cool adventure and a great guy. His bandmates couldn't have been nicer either!

Cheers,
    Diederik

User Info Menu

I actually like his use of effects. That makes for a more diverse listening experience, and I think he doesn't overuse them anyway.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzpunk
    Kreisberg also employs some kind of octave/harmonizer pedal at times (can't remember which one). Think it might be this one:

I saw him with that same line up last year and they tore it up! Lonnie Smith is one of my all time favs.
    Yep, that's the one. I bought one of those after seeing him and...he told me to.

But, it's pretty cool if you're the kind of players who would want something other than one sound all night. Depends on the gig, I guess.

And Diederik, you're right, he is one very cool guy.