The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31

User Info Menu

Hi, new here. when you mentioned Jazz and Country the first person I thought of was Danny Gatton. Probably not what your looking for but just wanted to chime in and say hello.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AndyV
    This is an interesting record .....

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/musi...arc-ribot.html
    Nice one mate, thanks for the heads up. Will try this!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by David B
    +1 on the Jakob Bro suggestion. He has a new quartet album out this month: JB, Bill Frisell, Lee Konitz and Thomas Morgan.
    Great stuff!!

User Info Menu

Buddy Miller had a cd with Bill, Marc, and Greg Leisz called the Majestic Silver Strings. Great stuff!

User Info Menu

Diego Garcia, aka El Twanguero. He's based in the south american market, but some of his stuff is available on itunes. When I first discovered him, I had to order his first 2 records: "Twanguero" and "Brooklyn Sessions". He lists Campilongo as one of his influences....

[BTW... there are TWO "Diego Garcia"s in music, one of them is a guitar player/singer, this is not him. THIS Diego Garcia/"El Twanguero" is ONLY a guitar player]

Last edited by ruger9; 12-05-2014 at 02:00 PM.

User Info Menu

Certainly not jazz players, but I have a feeling you might like William Tyler out of Nashville and Dylan Carlson's playing in Earth. William Tyler is into some more alternate tunings, fingerpicking, and raga stuff, but he's firmly in the Americana boat. Carlson basically invented drone/stoner metal with Earth in the early 90s, but he's evolved into a cleaner, twangier player. Earth has been described, accurately I think, as 'western noir.' Both big-time Tele Players, too.

William Tyler:

Earth: