The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

(This is not the list that I would have made but it presents a wide assortment of moods and sounds.)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainm...f6132e08&ei=16

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Help on the way/slipnot, I forgot how much into jazz territory they would go. If Garcia had just used his neck pickup and rolled off on the treble, he would have been more appreciated by jazz guitarists. Thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Donnd
    Help on the way/slipnot, I forgot how much into jazz territory they would go. If Garcia had just used his neck pickup and rolled off on the treble, he would have been more appreciated by jazz guitarists. Thanks!
    Yeah, I copied slipknot off the record, nice tune. Jerry's father was a jazz sax player, so he definitely influenced him.
    Two of my friends in HS were Deadheads, but they used the Dead as a gateway drug to jazz. I got one to play jazz bass at sessions we used to have, and he became a pretty big player in NY. The other became a big soundman in Hollywood. Who said pot messes you up?

User Info Menu

HOTW/SK/FT is usually the touchstone to a good Dead show. As is Althea.

I love all the American Beauty and Workingman's Dead songs. Great songs and guitar riffs on those albums.

Everyone has their favorites but for shear cosmic exuberance it's hard to beat Jerry's solo on the Victim or the Crime from Without a Net. Pristine production on that live recording. The versions of Cassidy, Birdsong and Walking Blues are also stellar. Plus Branford Marsalis plays on Eyes of the World.

User Info Menu

Forgive the question but, why exactly does one "need" to hear these songs?

User Info Menu

Allman Bros > Dead when it came to long solos, Dead had some great tunes though. Jack Straw was probably my favorite