The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

He also wrote 'The Last Word in Lonesome is Me' - clever guy; he also rhymed 'grocery' with 'no-sirree'. Buddy Emmons was his road band bass player for a while then he allegedly found out who Buddy was and recorded 'A Trip in the Country' which was a much sought after and hard to find artefact for pedal steel players - which I was - pre-internet. He could tell a great story in his song lyrics.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Irishmuso
    He also wrote 'The Last Word in Lonesome is Me' - clever guy; he also rhymed 'grocery' with 'no-sirree'. Buddy Emmons was his road band bass player for a while then he allegedly found out who Buddy was and recorded 'A Trip in the Country' which was a much sought after and hard to find artefact for pedal steel players - which I was - pre-internet. He could tell a great story in his song lyrics.
    - - - - from " Dang Me "

..Roses'r red
    Violets'r purple

Sugar's sweet
    N'so' s maple surple......

...The older I'm getting, the more I've come to believe there was something in the water back then !!

: )

User Info Menu

The great Cosmic Country band The Western Terrestrials wrote a great song about Roger Miller.

(Watch to the end for an added bonus)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Irishmuso
    One of my favorite songs from that set.

User Info Menu

This is my favorite

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Soloway
    This is my favorite

It is a great song. Heck, Jimmy Smith and Wes even covered it! ;o)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis D
    - - - - from " Dang Me "

..Roses'r red
    Violets'r purple

Sugar's sweet
    N'so' s maple surple......

...The older I'm getting, the more I've come to believe there was something in the water back then !!

: )
    Every time that song comes on I want to shoot the radio.

User Info Menu

believe Roger told Willie...don't put your pills and change in the same pocket because I just took 28 cents

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes

Lenny Breau played it too, on his first album. The lyrics still rumble around my brain fairly often.
    Last edited by Jim Soloway; 03-23-2024 at 12:44 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BFrench
    believe Roger told Willie...don't put your pills and change in the same pocket because I just took 28 cents
    Now that's funny right there

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes

The Wes/Jimmy cover of "King of the Road" is up there among the best of the best recordings of Wes ever.

User Info Menu