The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
    This former homeless women is a virtuoso on the spoons.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

My nephew gifted my brother a set of spoons and two lessons. I just sent him this link. Thanks!

User Info Menu

She's great! Google up Artis the Spoonman. Probably best known for Soundgarden. Before that he was around Portland Or, busking and sitting in with all kinds of bands. He got in on several gigs I played in the 70's, which were mostly some sort of fusionistic world beat thingies. Fun guy.

I got to play with him in a parade! I had some crazy huge battery system on a backpack frame that got me about 40 minutes or something. Sometime between '74 and '76 I guess. It was a blast marching down the middle of the street playing guitar.

User Info Menu

My friends and me used to go to a bar while in college where the owner would play spoons. He would dance around the place and play them right in front of you, on you , etc. His name? You guessed it: Spoons.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SwingSwangSwung
    This former homeless women is a virtuoso on the spoons.

That is Abby the Spoon Lady with Chris Rodriguez. They called Asheville home for a while but I have not seen them since the pandemic. She is phenomenal and kids loved her. She often had bells on the ground and when the kids tipped her she would ring the bells without missing a beat. She played the club I manage here and the older crowd adored her, too.

User Info Menu

I suppose this is a metallic equivalent of castanets?

Decades ago I saw a concert I still remember despite still being a kid back then, which taught me that these trinkets are definitely a serious instrument: