The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 33 of 33

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joelf
    Buzz(y) Feiten's solo on the 2nd half (ballad: Where were You When I Needed You?). A hero since I was 17, and I still feel the same way.

Outside of Stevie's writing, singing, playing all the other instruments genius...

Stevie's run on Tamla in the 70s is the most consistently excellent string of albums by any artist in music history. I will die on this hill.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

joelf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Stevie's run on Tamla in the 70s is the most consistently excellent string of albums by any artist in music history. I will die on this hill.
    Let's also give credit to the late Malcolm Cecil for his incredible synth programming. Great a genius as Stevie is, You and I wouldn't be the same w/o those intros and outros.

A collaboration made in heaven...

User Info Menu

George Harrison’s solo on
    Something is beautiful

User Info Menu

I have always thought George was completely reliable in the melodic solo department.

I believed that was why he was underappreciated as a soloist until later – because his solos weren't flashy, but tasteful and reflective of the melody.

joelf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ukena
    I have always thought George was completely reliable in the melodic solo department.

I believed that was why he was underappreciated as a soloist until later – because his solos weren't flashy, but tasteful and reflective of the melody.
    Melodists are underappreciated, period.

But where would we be w/o them?

User Info Menu

Thirty posts in and George finally gets his dues!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I should have thought of this one earlier. This is such a great example of a melodic guitar solo over a popular tune. Eric Gale's guitar playing over the entire tune is something worth a good listen.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by docsteve
    Thirty posts in and George finally gets his dues!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Cf post #17...

He's still waiting for his due from Paul and John though...

Wah-wah!!!