The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Beautiful playing! I love Anouar Brahem. “Blue Maqams” is a favorite.

Judging by the darker sound, I think that is an Egyptian oud. Correct me if anyone knows for sure. I think one is in my future sometime later next year.

Peter, if you don’t mind my asking, where are you located in Spain? I was in Granada and Seville last year. I loved both, but Granada was especially incredible.

User Info Menu

The man!

I play a couple of his tunes with a Middle Eastern jazz band I do sometimes…

User Info Menu

Hi Mark, I have just discovered Anouar, and extremely glad I did.

I have lived in different parts of Spain over the years but, alas, have spent very little time in the region of Andalusia. I did play with a number of flamenco musicians in Barcelona, however, mostly informally.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M.
    Beautiful playing! I love Anouar Brahem. “Blue Maqams” is a favorite.

Judging by the darker sound, I think that is an Egyptian oud. Correct me if anyone knows for sure. I think one is in my future sometime later next year.

Peter, if you don’t mind my asking, where are you located in Spain? I was in Granada and Seville last year. I loved both, but Granada was especially incredible.
    I really need to get onto blue Maqams - haven’t checked it yet. That’s the one that alarms the purists so I should enjoy it haha (w Django Bates, Dave Holland and jack de johnette… thanks for reminding me!

User Info Menu

My favorite is The Astounding Eyes Of Rita. Wonderful musician.