The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

Any Jazz Piano forums like this Jazz Guitar forum?Still having trouble with my trigger finger but can still fool around on the piano no problem.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I used to play jazz piano at a basic level, and when I attempted to get back into it a few years ago I was in the same position. Looking for a jazz specific forum but could not find anything. Seems like mostly classical oriented forums and people giving out generally bad advice in regards to jazz is all there was at the time. Hoping that's changed as there is a need for this type of forum for jazz pianists. Unless I am totally unaware of such a forum!

User Info Menu

I wasn't able to find anything viable. There's some stuff, mostly crickets chirping inside however. I joined the Hammond forum and there are like 3 posts a day about fixing their broken pre 1975 organs. I just go here since it's overrun with participation.

I recently found this jazz piano channel and they kill.

User Info Menu

Yes. YouTube seems to be a better option than forums for jazz piano. I enjoyed Kent Hewitt's and Aimee Noltes channels when I was playing piano. Check them out

User Info Menu

You Tube has stepped up. There's plenty of videos for jazz many which track actual notes for the user.

I dig Piano Groove

User Info Menu

Open studio is the best jazz channel I’ve found on YouTube, and that’s hosted by two professional jazz pianists…

User Info Menu

I've threatened to learn the damn thing my whole life.

It's so confounding after six string.

User Info Menu

^ You should!

User Info Menu

The piano confounding? I’ve never heard that before.

User Info Menu

Open Studio Pro is $97 per month. Ouch!

Great Brazilian piano lesson here.

User Info Menu

Who knew this sub forum was here? I posted in "Everything Else". Maybe future posts will go here. Then again, who scrolls down this far?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JazzinNY
    Who knew this sub forum was here? I posted in "Everything Else". Maybe future posts will go here. Then again, who scrolls down this far?
    Build it, and they will come.

User Info Menu

Maiden Voyage

User Info Menu

Elementary Piano mastery - Drop two voicings highlighting Diminished Chords

User Info Menu

John Coltrane’s Impressions. Smokin’ piano solo!

User Info Menu

Ballad inspiration

Keith Jarrett Trio’s Blame It On My Youth

I have a transcription of Keith’s part of this recording if anyone wants it.

User Info Menu

Dorian voicings