asymetrical pentatonics over F Melodic Minor again Altered chords

I know this is a lot of information. Let me know if you have any questions. I also teach so feel free to HMU for private lessons.

This is a synthetic pentatonic based off Ab Melodic minor. Ab Melodic minor starting on
G is the altered dominant tonality and gives you
the b9, #9, #11 and #5
so it's very cool sounding. Pat Martino used this a lot and of course,
he borrowed this from
John Coltrane.

I like to think of BMaj7#5 as mode 3 which outlines a G7#5#9 chord. The fact that it leaves
out certain notes of the Ab Melodic minor makes it sound exotic and different than what you
"normally hear".

The BMaj7#5 pentatonic is B D# F E A#. Some folks see this is an Eb Pentatonic b6.

The basic scale is cool though some of the fingerings as you move up the neck become difficult.
This is a Synthetic\Symetrical pentatonic scale. I am spelling this with #s because i'm
thinking of it as BMaj7-centric...

The 2nd example is the sequenced version of the scale. If you do not barre adjacent strings with the left hand
(which you should not be doing) there are some really uncomfortable stretches.

The 3rd example is the asymetrical version of the scale. Instead of adhering strictly to the BMaj7#5, it adjusts
to adjacent tones in the Ab Melodic Minor. I'm going to spell this one with flats since we are
going to be borrowing tones from the Ab Melodic minor series.

The 4th example is the sequential version of the asymetrical scale. Notice that the finger busters are gone
because I changed the notes of the pentatonic in accordance with the Ab Melodic Minor to
make the fingerings "easier". It still retains the flavor of exoticness and in some ways is more
so because it it's not a straight diatonic scale and changes it's flavor periodically throughout
the pattern.

#sheetsofsound #halfdiminished #altereddominant
#jazzguitarlessons #guitarlessons
#jazzguitar #modernjazzguitar #jazzguitarriffs