The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

Spontaneous composition

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I like the tones and how they combine! I also would love to hear you both play an arrangement. If there was a duo album I would buy it.

I play duets with my son (guitar/cello) and I love the sound.
    Last edited by enalnitram; 03-07-2024 at 11:31 PM.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Wow! Looks like I've got some listening to catch up on.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ccroft
    Wow! Looks like I've got some listening to catch up on.
    but wait,there’s more!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Nice channel! Enjoyable and very musical. Often this kind of thing is much angrier. Maybe it's the grays :)

Loved all of it, but 2 spots jumped out at me to the point I wrote down the time: 3rd base @ 3:10 & 4th wall @ 2:08 and on out. I want to hear more bow work. It really caught my ear.

Also, I dig when you're both playing lower register. It's unusual and cool. A nice contrast. Don't imagine you listen to a lot of old Indie rock (me either these days) but... Morphine! ...the band that is

I hope you post more to this thread. I'll certainly enjoy the music. Also, curious to watch how the numbering scheme evolves.

User Info Menu

Last edited by Mark Kleinhaut; 03-14-2024 at 09:51 AM.

User Info Menu

Nice channel! Enjoyable and very musical. Often this kind of thing is much angrier. Maybe it's the grays

Loved all of it, but 2 spots jumped out at me to the point I wrote down the time: 3rd base @ 3:10 & 4th wall @ 2:08 and on out. I want to hear more bow work. It really caught my ear.

Also, I dig when you're both playing lower register. It's unusual and cool. A nice contrast. Don't imagine you listen to a lot of old Indie rock (me either these days) but... Morphine! ...the band that is

I hope you post more to this thread. I'll certainly enjoy the music. Also, curious to watch how the numbering scheme evolves.
    Thanks so much for your attentive listening to all this. I think you’re one of those elites who actually dig this sort of playing, and I really appreciate you!

User Info Menu

I don't know about 'elite' man! Experienced maybe? I've been listening to weird music for over 50 years. Used to drive my parents nuts with Ornette and Trane when I was 16.

I worked with a classical composer friend mid 80's who wrote some very wacky shit. Electric fuzz guitar and trombone duet for EG. Almost nobody wants to hear that!

Anyways, this stuff sounds completely natural to me. 7 is pretty straight up at times. To my ears at least.

User Info Menu

I don't know about 'elite' man! Experienced maybe? I've been listening to weird music for over 50 years. Used to drive my parents nuts with Ornette and Trane when I was 16.

I worked with a classical composer friend mid 80's who wrote some very wacky shit. Electric fuzz guitar and trombone duet for EG. Almost nobody wants to hear that!

Anyways, this stuff sounds completely natural to me. 7 is pretty straight up at times. To my ears at least.
    I meant elite as a compliment, but the word does have its political implications. Agree with you that Seven is pretty straight sounding. If it were a composer’s composed work it wouldn’t get my attention, but I’m mostly surprised how a piece like this even comes from my fingers spontaneously when I spend so little of my time listening to things like this. My classical repertoire is exactly zero.

User Info Menu

Well then, thank you Mark! I'm not used to getting compliments around here

I liked 7. As we've said before, surprise is the real joy of this. It's great to be taken to different places. When you've been in music for so long I think some things kinda seep in. Like movie soundtracks for EG. A taste of Stravinsky here and there. Not that he wrote them, but his music inspired a ton of movie scores. I don't know about you, but I've spent a lot of time watching movies and getting bathed in that music.

BTW: hope you didn't take offence at 'weird music'. It's a compliment! I used to listen to something like Free Jazz (the album) and think 'this is impenetrable but I dig it for some reason'. It came up on my random playlist the other day and I thought 'not as weird as I used to think it was'.

If you put up an album of this on Bandcamp I for one would buy it. Wish I had a cello buddy!