The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Do you all have days when you just can't play a tune? This one was like that last night; I kept screwing up, and when I finally didn't after more than an hour, it just didn't sound good to my ears. I told myself that I would share that video anyway, just to keep things going. Then, tonight, I thought I would try again, because why not, and within 30 minutes, I had a usable take!

One thing I am still trying to overcome is how I end up memorizing the head, and just play it that way over and over. It's almost like some type of risk-averse behavior. I do find that when I force myself to play in an unfamiliar key, I improvise more organically.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice! What brand is your Tele and what pickups do you use?

User Info Menu

You're a good player. Nothing to apologize for in that video. It sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by Spir4L
    Nice! What brand is your Tele and what pickups do you use?
    Thanks so much! It's a Ron Kirn Barnbuster -- pickups are Seymour Duncan noiseless (vintage stack)

Quote Originally Posted by va3ux
    You're a good player. Nothing to apologize for in that video. It sounds great.
    Haha thank you for the encouragement

User Info Menu

I like it. Good groove, harmonically rich, everything working together seamlessly. And that sneaky 2 bar intro.