The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The geo political climate was front of mind this morning. Will we be attacking Iran soon? The world feels like it’s on the brink and these days of peaceful mornings to enjoy this guitar in quiet solitude may be numbered. I’m worried, and so my attention was not really much on playing music or the mechanics of guitar. This was more of an automatic writing experience- the title “When the Wind” refers to the wind of war. This feeling is very present just now.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

You are not alone with the way you are feeling. What I like about your recording is that the listener can witness how the worried mind comes (at least a little more) to rest in the end of the piece.

True peace can only come out of a quiet mind. Let us hope that all those mad men in power on all sides get a little peace of mind from time to time ...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bop Head
    You are not alone with the way you are feeling. What I like about your recording is that the listener can witness how the worried mind comes (at least a little more) to rest in the end of the piece.

True peace can only come out of a quiet mind. Let us hope that all those mad men in power on all sides get a little peace of mind from time to time ...
    Thank you for your understanding. Those three chords at the end remind me of those movie scenes when they cut to the churchyard cemetery and there’s those somber deep bells slowly tolling.

User Info Menu

Caught this on facebook earlier... nice.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kleinhaut

The geo political climate was front of mind this morning. Will we be attacking Iran soon? The world feels like it’s on the brink and these days of peaceful mornings to enjoy this guitar in quiet solitude may be numbered. I’m worried, and so my attention was not really much on playing music or the mechanics of guitar. This was more of an automatic writing experience- the title “When the Wind” refers to the wind of war. This feeling is very present just now.
    thanks Mark..

My nightly meditation playing echos your approach in this.

remember..music has power..though your notes may be heard only by you as you play..they are felt by many through the universal heart

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wolflen
    thanks Mark..

My nightly meditation playing echos your approach in this.

remember..music has power..though your notes may be heard only by you as you play..they are felt by many through the universal heart
    I’m not sure about the universal heart, so I record and video them to put on Facebook, YouTube and here in this forum in hopes of commiseration and other shared reflections