The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I SIGNED up for TRUEFIRE ACCESS PACKAGE..$29 A MNTH...MINDBLOWING..... full streaming access to the entire course library and all Learning Paths! That's 70,000+ video lessons across every style and skill level, including tab, notation, jam tracks, and much more on any device, anytime, anywhere, at your own pace....ALL TOP PLAYERS THERE .....anyone else have it?....

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I've purchased several Truefire courses over the years, I think it's a great resource. I don't have the time to make the full-access package worth the price.

User Info Menu

The Full Access package goes on sale from time to time. I got a year of it for $55 once. (It was the Cinco de Mayo special.) I recently bought another year for $99---it's certainly worth that.

User Info Menu

I'm a fan of Truefire and have a bunch of their courses.

It's not the same as private in person lessons for me though. It's hard to motivate when I don't have to show up the next week and show what I've learned.

havent had a good look at the courses but its a bargain...Sheryl,Mimi,,Tim etc Pat Martino too...im a graduate from the Band in a Box school so plenty ready and capable of reading the Notation and Tabs..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    The Full Access package goes on sale from time to time. I got a year of it for $55 once. (It was the Cinco de Mayo special.) I recently bought another year for $99---it's certainly worth that.
    I'm not implying the Truefire course aren't worth their cost- just that, FOR ME the annual package isn't, because I don't have enough time to use it enough. If I did, it's a great price, even at full price.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    I'm a fan of Truefire and have a bunch of their courses.

It's not the same as private in person lessons for me though. It's hard to motivate when I don't have to show up the next week and show what I've learned.
    ... says the guitar player who took on Micky Baker's Book 1 and held his own feet to the fire recording lessons and posting them here weekly! By the way : that was amazing!

I've been a TrueFire subscriber for about 2+ years working in Frank Vignola's Jazz Studio. I've opted in for the private lesson level with Frank, which does keep one accountable to the teacher. You have to record your work and provide it to him, though you set the schedule. What I love about TrueFire is the ability to watch and listen and apply, rinse and repeat, until I've got it. You can't do that with a live lesson unless you record video and even then ... you don't get the 3 camera experience that TrueFire supplies.

I will be the first to admit that 3 years of lessons with Dan Balmer put me on an accelerated path to playing and jamming and performing that wouldn't have happened with an online school. I got into TrueFire during the pandemic when lessons didn't work for health reasons. I do expect to reconnect with Dan again in the future for sessions. As you say - they are complimentary.
    Last edited by Bflat233; 01-11-2024 at 08:23 PM.

just workng with it and saw comments..Some of the interesting lines come later in the solo. Kind of misleading to say transcriptions included and only provide partial transcriptions.yep..you dont get the full transcription what he plays...guess this goes for all the solos....SIGH