The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
    Hello!

Phill is the name, and Im glad to be part of this forum!

I’ll leave here a solo take on Solar, in which I took quite a few liberties.

After playing all my life on the neck pickup I started experimenting with the treble one. The guitar is a 2023 Gibson Les Paul Junior played through a Fender Pro Junior SE. There’s a little bit of reverb from the TC Electronic Hall Of Fame. The mic is a cheap Thomann ribbon one.

have a great day/night and thanks for hearing me out!

Stream Solar - solo guitar by Razvan Cipca | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I am not in a location where I can listen to that at this moment, but looking forward to it.

I have never had any use for the bridge pickup on guitars, most of my decades of playing. However, listening to folks like Jim Campilongo, etc., make good use of it and sound good at it has made me start experimenting with it. I can’t say that I sound particularly good with it yet to my ears.

On my Telecasters, I have added a 220K resistor from the bridge pickup hot input on the switch to ground, which takes some of the harsh bite off the top end of it and it’s much more tolerable. Rounder is maybe the word, without having to fiddle so much with the tone knob.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Onaclearday13
    Hello!

Phill is the name, and Im glad to be part of this forum!

I’ll leave here a solo take on Solar, in which I took quite a few liberties.

After playing all my life on the neck pickup I started experimenting with the treble one. The guitar is a 2023 Gibson Les Paul Junior played through a Fender Pro Junior SE. There’s a little bit of reverb from the TC Electronic Hall Of Fame. The mic is a cheap Thomann ribbon one.

have a great day/night and thanks for hearing me out!

Stream Solar - solo guitar by Razvan Cipca | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
    Cool! It has a bit of Frisell vibe, which I think of as a good thing.