The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 56 of 56

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Definitely down for a playing thread again.
    Finally. I thought I was going to kill myself. But not ESP, it's too speedy even for me :-)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Not even Kreisberg can make the head sound meaningful. All right on the solo though. Ish.

User Info Menu

Tough crowd I guess

User Info Menu

Yea Christian did you really mean the tune is not that different from GASB changes or harmony. In it's self or actual playing of tune.... I have to disagree.... I guess I could reduce the harmony to what.... vanilla root motion.

I just think it's part of expanding function and what function is working with.... I think there are reasons why most don't play ESP or many of WS tunes.... they're just difficult.

That video I posted was from 12 years ago.... not really worked out etc... but not really CT's and melody embellishment. It was fairly vanilla... but not really GASB style. And WS's improve... that's still another level on another level LOL.

The Kreisberg vid... is cool, I liked it... but it's a mix of in and out etc... not that great of a feel. maybe more of a worked out thing... It's only a couple minutes... so who know where it might go. In general I love his playing though. Might be more of tough tune...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    Not even Kreisberg can make the head sound meaningful. All right on the solo though. Ish.

Is this "Post Post Bop"?, or "Post Post Post Bop"? I had to stop listening during the 3rd listen.... I was starting to actually like it !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by princeplanet
    I was starting to actually like it !
    I know, like smoking :-)