The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Lesson 5th chords, technique and application

Hi guys,

This is an exercise out of my first book. Lots of folks have asked for a demo of this so I wanted to show you what 5th chords are, how I play them and some practical applications for voicings as well as melodies using 5th chords.

Special shout-out to Walt Namuth (RIP) and Dave Creamer who heavily influenced me when it comes to these.

I studied with Walt, off and on for a couple years and I took a few corresponence lessons with Dave back in the '70s. Both cats were WAyyyyyyyyy ahead of their time were fabulous and modern players.

Take a listen to this and like and subscribe to my youtube channel so I can keep bringing you these lessons.

I greatly appreciate the love, friendship and support and thanks for always having my back and being in my corner.

Much love back at ya!

Jaz

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker
    Lesson 5th chords, technique and application

Hi guys,

This is an exercise out of my first book. Lots of folks have asked for a demo of this so I wanted to show you what 5th chords are, how I play them and some practical applications for voicings as well as melodies using 5th chords.

Special shout-out to Walt Namuth (RIP) and Dave Creamer who heavily influenced me when it comes to these.

I studied with Walt, off and on for a couple years and I took a few corresponence lessons with Dave back in the '70s. Both cats were WAyyyyyyyyy ahead of their time were fabulous and modern players.

Take a listen to this and like and subscribe to my youtube channel so I can keep bringing you these lessons.

I greatly appreciate the love, friendship and support and thanks for always having my back and being in my corner.

Much love back at ya!

Jaz

This is a great lesson Jack.I like all of the sounds and textures, even some of the “bad” ones

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kleinhaut
    This is a great lesson Jack.I like all of the sounds and textures, even some of the “bad” ones
    Thanks Mark. It always puzzles me how few comments we get on this site. I appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment.