User Info Menu

Practise session with my stratocaster...:_

Box

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    Practise session with my stratocaster...:_

Box
    Thank you for listening and nice comments.

User Info Menu

Thank you for listening and nice comments.
    Since you are pushing for reply I am gonna give my opinion. Sorry It doesnt convince me at all. The phrases and the conection between them are not very musical. In the second half One possible good motiff ends in nothing. It doesnt convince me at all.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDunlop
    Since you are pushing for reply I am gonna give my opinion. Sorry It doesnt convince me at all. The phrases and the conection between them are not very musical. In the second half One possible good motiff ends in nothing. It doesnt convince me at all.
    You can always do it better... and more musically.
    Thank you for listening.
    ps.
    By the way, there are not two parts here. There is one part that makes up the whole.
    I played it as musically as possible.

User Info Menu

You can always do it better... and more musically.
    Thank you for listening.
    ps.
    By the way, there are not two parts here. There is one part that makes up the whole.
    I played it as musically as possible.
    Yes, and I meant the second half , I dont remember the second.

User Info Menu

Yes, and I meant the second half , I dont remember the second.
    I understood only now.
    I need to make an even better version.
    I practice it every day.
    Last edited by kris; 07-24-2023 at 01:39 AM.

User Info Menu

I understood only now.
    I need to make an even better version.
    I practice it every day.
    check this. is all about the ears man. if you can improvise accompaniaments lines over opera, then all is done lol...

User Info Menu

check this. is all about the ears man. if you can improvise accompaniaments lines over opera, then all is done lol...

Good musical joke.
    I recently played a concert with classical musicians.
    Nobody had any idea about jazz improvisation and they didn't even know the names of the basic chord-functions.
    Being a jazz musician is a completely different world.
    I wouldn't mix these genres.It's just funny.No jazz chords here.

User Info Menu

Hey Kris.... don't listen to JD...

At least you post music relative to site and take a few choruses.

I always enjoy your musical posts. And can hear where your going, even if I don't always agree or like.

Maybe try using less chromatic filler notes, or make them more dynamic with rhythmic developments. By that I mean... have stronger use of the Targets. So they, the chromatic or...somewhat out sounding notes assume a different type of roll. Melodic development is cool... but really gets boring by it's self. It's kind of that old... use something once and maybe twice.... but never a third time, LOL unless it's really good.

I could get into the harmony thing.... but that's personal choice. I also liked your Blues for Alice post.... why did you keep it so straight ?. Not bad etc... just interested.

keep them comin... Reg

User Info Menu

Thanks Reg,
    I'm just practicing with backing tracks...and I like doing it.
    I play differently with live people at concerts...then I release more energy from myself and I have the joy of making music.

User Info Menu

Good musical joke.
    I recently played a concert with classical musicians.
    Nobody had any idea about jazz improvisation and they didn't even know the names of the basic chord-functions.
    Being a jazz musician is a completely different world.
    I wouldn't mix these genres.It's just funny.No jazz chords here.
    It is good to use classical music as backing track too. The other one wasnt a joke, but this is. Anyways try to do something like this and post

Last edited by JimmyDunlop; 07-24-2023 at 12:21 PM.

User Info Menu

Anyways if you want to become a good player Kris, you should listen to Lord Reg. I saw his videos and I am very impressed. I think he is the man for you (and for anyone else) So better talk with him.
    I mean he is a legend here...I wish I was at his level, but well who can? When he speaks the rest should shut up and follow whatever he says

User Info Menu

Anyways if you want to become a good player Kris
    Kris is already a good player.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by James W
    yes I know. But Reg is other level imo, but what do I know, I am a noob for music.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by James W
    Thank you James,
    I'm trying to be a good player and I'm improving all the time.
    That's why I exercise a lot and record exercises.
    I go to jam sessions and play gigs.
    Jazzingly
    Kris

User Info Menu

It is good to use classical music as backing track too. The other one wasnt a joke, but this is. Anyways try to do something like this and post

I can only do this... this is my feeling at the concert....:-)

User Info Menu

I liked it. Do you set a number of repeats or have it loop until you stop it? I'm finding 3 loops too few with only one improv between the heads, and 8 too many.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AllanAllen
    I liked it. Do you set a number of repeats or have it loop until you stop it? I'm finding 3 loops too few with only one improv between the heads, and 8 too many.
    What tune are you talking about?
    I'm lost.

User Info Menu

I can only do this... this is my feeling at the concert....:-)

wow, you are great man! so much lyrism in that solo! I want to compose something as a salute for you, can you let me? I will feel very honoured

User Info Menu

Lyrrism is in my nylons...:-)

User Info Menu

Lyrrism is in my nylons...:-)

WHAT IS THIS CONTRAPTION?

(Referring to the guitar, of course. Lovely playing too.)

User Info Menu

poetry

User Info Menu

What tune are you talking about?
    I'm lost.
    It was two statements.

1. I like your version of Fly me to the moon.

2. When you practice like this do you set the amount of loops ahead of time?

User Info Menu

Dig it. I've been really digging into "fly me to the moon" this week. It's a much different take than mine (mine is far more straight forward and uses the melody notes more often as well). I like yours a lot, my only suggestion is to pull a bit more of the melody in from time to time. I hear it around 2:30ish or so, but not much reference to the original melody throughout...Not necessary but to me pulling the melody in keeps casual listeners more engaged, gives them some reference points for what you're doing the rest of the time. Or maybe I just do that for a phrase or two when I'm out of ideas and need 10 seconds to think

User Info Menu

Thought I'd share my favorite version of the song. Perhaps someone else will find it enjoyable or valuable.