The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Semi coherent video

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Sounds reasonably coherent to me.

User Info Menu

Some nice sounds.

I started Jordan's online course the other day. I've not been greatly impressed so far but I haven't reached yet the real nitty gritty of it. There's a lot of waffle and preamble before that. But I will persist.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by James W
    Some nice sounds.

I started Jordan's online course the other day. I've not been greatly impressed so far but I haven't reached yet the real nitty gritty of it. There's a lot of waffle and preamble before that. But I will persist.
    Haha…Amazing. That definitely sounds like Jordan to me. But worth persisting, methinks.

I’ve been going through it too, but I did skip around early early on. I’ve had some time to absorb the mindset stuff from talking to him. I started the improvisation stuff at square one though and am kind of sitting with that early stuff still. Super useful.

User Info Menu

hmm..I hear some Monk and On Green Dolphin St...

I used a lydian approach on #4 chords and for me it worked ,,giving the option to use the major scale as fill in color..the Alt chords open the melodic minor and its built in
    augmented chords and its scales ..those nice minor third apart chords almost beg for some diminished flavors and its options

So my approach is hearing a fusion based harmonic structure..those nice "add" chords can have a Steely Dan flavor (MU chord)

I do like your approach to the tune

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pamosmusic
    Haha…Amazing. That definitely sounds like Jordan to me. But worth persisting, methinks.

I’ve been going through it too, but I did skip around early early on. I’ve had some time to absorb the mindset stuff from talking to him. I started the improvisation stuff at square one though and am kind of sitting with that early stuff still. Super useful.
    That’s good to hear. Yeah all that mindset stuff is a bit superfluous IMO, might have to skip it then come back...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wolflen
    hmm..I hear some Monk and On Green Dolphin St...

I used a lydian approach on #4 chords and for me it worked ,,giving the option to use the major scale as fill in color..the Alt chords open the melodic minor and its built in
    augmented chords and its scales ..those nice minor third apart chords almost beg for some diminished flavors and its options

So my approach is hearing a fusion based harmonic structure..those nice "add" chords can have a Steely Dan flavor (MU chord)

I do like your approach to the tune
    you could definitely build those out from the triads

That later section is very similar to GDS for sure!

At some point I’ll check out what Kurt does.
    Last edited by Christian Miller; 07-15-2023 at 03:16 AM.