The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 29 of 29

User Info Menu

looking for a transcription.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

not a lot takers..myself included...try this..sounds great.... just ease off the gas........

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Question View Post
    Hi StarJasmine,
    It is a 1980 Gibson ES175T (Thinline) with .12's and an unwound G. Amp is a Princeton clone and mic'ed with a cheap Sennheiser 904 (?). Recorded into Logic with a slight low-cut EQ and a bit of reverb.
    Thanks - of course a lot comes from your fingers and your great ideas, but the 175T + Princeton clone must be a really great combination! Some guitars and amps just complement each other...

What's the make/model of the clone? And are you playing with rhythm (neck) pickup only, or both? Your tone is warm yet clear - really nice :-)

User Info Menu

Hi Starjasmine,

the amp is a Headstrong lil' King. It sounds nearly identical to my 1980 Fender Princeton (which you can hear in most of the other videos that I have posted), but after 30 years of (my) use it needed to be replaced because its reliability for live use made me nervous.

I see in the video that I am using the neck pickup. For the way that I play, I don't really like the traditional dark jazz tone and often use the bridge pickup alone or both pickups together with the bridge maybe turned down a bit.
    That probably comes from playing a lot on a Telecaster.

You can hear that both-pickup sound on my version of "Goodbye Pork Pie Hat" in a different thread.

I think you just have to find out what works for you and the way/music that you play, and I am pretty sure from my experience that you would not be happy using my setup!
    Last edited by Question; 05-20-2024 at 07:21 AM.