Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 24 of 24
    destinytot Guest
    Recommended for its useful content and tongue-in-cheek humour:

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

"Git good lol."

User Info Menu

Clever. "I am almost passing out from how good that sounds!" (From the second video.)

User Info Menu

I find these videos helpful

User Info Menu

Me too!

User Info Menu

Yah know... I have been going through video two for the past few days. (yes.. days)

I like them.

User Info Menu

The arpeggios lesson (number 3) is my favorite so far. How many of these are there?

User Info Menu

Hilarious! Shouldn't there at least be #4 as well?

User Info Menu

+1

Though didn't the early bop players use the term "b5"?

User Info Menu

Good stuff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    +1

Though didn't the early bop players use the term "b5"?
    Touche! Pretty sure there was mention of a fourth youtube covering chromatics, but I can't find it anywhere...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by princeplanet
    Touche! Pretty sure there was mention of a fourth youtube covering chromatics, but I can't find it anywhere...
    I looked too! Maybe it's in the works. (Or just hasn't been uploaded to YouTube yet.)

User Info Menu

I believe Simon Fransman is responsible for these. (I found a post from him on Facebook while searching for "Bebop for Noobs".) I invited him here. We'll see if he joins us...

User Info Menu

While we await episode 4 (or #4), here's "Jazz Scatting for Noobs." (I'm away from my PC and have no sound just now, so I haven't heard this yet. I'm posting on trust!)

User Info Menu

I replied to Simon's Facebook post and asked him---on behalf of the group here---if volume 4 will be called "#4" and he said, "It will now!" Who says no one listens to jazz guitarists anymore? ;o)

User Info Menu

I actually enjoyed those a lot.
    some useful stuff.

User Info Menu

^ that one is not as helpful.

User Info Menu

No, "Jazz Scatting for Noobs" is not the success the others are. Perhaps that was an earlier effort before our hero found himself....

User Info Menu

He's the same guy who sends these hilarious and disturbing videos to Jam of the Week on Facebook:

Hey! I'm really glad you guys like the videos! The fourth one is in the works, it'll be out in the near future.

While we await episode 4 (or #4), here's "Jazz Scatting for Noobs." (I'm away from my PC and have no sound just now, so I haven't heard this yet. I'm posting on trust!)

This one was more of a joke bonus lesson for my 1000 sub celebration Not terribly informative.

User Info Menu

I just came upon this video which seems appropriate to the thread.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SimonFransman
    Hey! I'm really glad you guys like the videos! The fourth one is in the works, it'll be out in the near future.
    That's good news, Simon! We're looking forward to it. Thanks for joining us!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pocket
    I just came upon this video which seems appropriate to the thread.

Jacob is amazing! All his videos are funny as hell I especially like this one

That's good news, Simon! We're looking forward to it. Thanks for joining us!
    Thanks for having me! I feel like a sheep in wolfs clothing being here on a guitar board being a brass player

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SimonFransman

Thanks for having me! I feel like a sheep in wolfs clothing being here on a guitar board being a brass player
    I lived in NOLA for five years and appreciate brass players!