The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 56 of 56
    METOPERARETIRED Guest
    The "Ode to Joy" of Beethoven as you know was the 4th movement of his 9th and last Symphony and was written when he was totally deaf.. He actually conducted the 1st performance of this Masterpieve and when it ended had to be turned around to accept the audience applause.. Cool trivia.. I love trivia and if you know trivia share it..
    Every Musician no matter what melodic instrument He/She plays should play this beautiful Ode to Joy.. Herb

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

WORDSMITH wrote ~Never trust in the whims and fancies of late evening.....

I was thinking more about those plans and decisions we think look good late in the day. I've always found they look somehow different in the morning. I have acted on a few late evening whims on impulse, and although it was interesting it wasn't always the best thing to have done.
    I suppose I meant just don't trust them at the time, if it's late. I think we enjoy a dreamy state of mind late in the day, especially after certain indulgences.
    As for creativity.....after midnight can't be beaten.

METOPERARETIRED Guest
    I am glad that you replied, as we all can learn from one another and somedays and evenings are better than others.. Keep writing as I think we can get along just fine.. After all, we both have backgrounds in Boston !

Boston is a great City.. Your friend ~ Herb

User Info Menu

hi smith of words, you seem to be an interesting guy.
    ante meridiam and post meridiam
    and the metropolitan tired man too
    all the best to you
    keep sharing a mystery of fretboards or soundholes

User Info Menu

Herb,

I was at Berklee from 1985 to somewhere around 1988. At that point I started experiencing physical and mental health problems and left Boston to go back to my family in Troy, New York and try to get things back in order.

Some of the people I studied with include John Baboian, John Damian and many others. I've forgotten so many of the names of the the people I played with, but I understand many of them are still around the Boston area doing something or other. I remember a few names: Mike Castellana (guitar), Andy Plaisted (drums), an excellent Polish upright bass player named Piotr something or other. Terje Nygaard was an exceptional trombonist I often jammed with who seems to have returned to Norway. The only "big name" I can drop who I played with a few times in the jam rooms was Delfeayo Marsalis. There was an extraordinary number of Japanese students at the time. I just do not remember their names after all these years.

Crick Diefendorf is now playing , mostly banjo or something, around the Boston area. He was originally from Albany and we used to sit in together at Justin's in Albany on our school vacations, etc.. That was pretty much known as the legendary Nick Brignola's place. But I never got the chance to meet big Nick or play with him, though I was close friends with Kevin McNeil.

User Info Menu

ciao franco,
    how can you learn from your mistakes, if you don't fretless admit them?

I seem to forget, what "music" might be
    until tomorrow
    best wishes to you