The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 29

User Info Menu

hi everybody,
    just a brief note to suggest these JazzHeaven series videos by Jerry Bergonzi I went by lately:

Amazon.com: How to Play Jazz Lessons DVD Jerry Bergonzi Creating a Jazz Vocabulary Vol. 1 Jazz Improvisation Learn Improvise Course: Jerry Bergonzi: Movies & TV

http://www.amazon.com/Improvisation-.../dp/B00705R5YC

absolutely for all instruments, I think they contain condenesd notions of Bergonzi's book series. Very good quality, and no time wasted on thrills and frills...

these guys took instructional videos to another level...
    (IMHO)

Looking forward for Oz Noy... sooner or later.

bye
    Enrico

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I just bought the Vol 1 DVD. Jerry also has a book called 'Creating a Jazz Vocabulary' that I've had for years. I can't say enough good things about these books. They are well written and give clear step by step instructions on how to practice the topics presented.

Each book contains enough material for years of work. If you are past the basics, these are the books/DVD's to own.

Hi Enrico & Dan & Co.,

Falk here, the guy who started JazzHeaven.com

Glad you like what we do & thank you for your support!

Just pointing out 2 things:

1) If you don't mind, check out our website directly:
    How to Play Jazz Lessons & Jazz Improvisation with the Greats DVDs Interviews
    This way the artists (and, yes, my company) will benefit more from your purchase.

2) The 2 Oz Noy Videos will be released very shortly on our website.
    But..., if you don't wanna wait...
    => I already put them on Amazon.com = you can search there for "oz noy dvd" and you shall find...

Thanks for your interest & support!

Best,

Falk

Oh, one more thing:

We actually already recorded 2 more videos with Bergonzi.
    One for all instruments (Vol. 3 of "Creating a Jazz Vocabulary") on Rhythm.
    And one only for sax players.

And in terms of GUITAR:
    we shot 2 videos with Lage Lund & Gilad Hekselman that are in the post production stage right now.

In case you feel compelled to ask about release dates: we stopped giving out ETAs for new videos, since we don't wanna disappoint people with broken deadlines/promises - yup, that happened in the past.
    My bad...
    But just too much involved to get this all flawless for release.
    And tons of tiny little (and bigger) things keep coming up in the post-production process, at the production level we are going for.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzheavendotcom
    Oh, one more thing:

We actually already recorded 2 more videos with Bergonzi.
    One for all instruments (Vol. 3 of "Creating a Jazz Vocabulary") on Rhythm.
    And one only for sax players.

And in terms of GUITAR:
    we shot 2 videos with Lage Lund & Gilad Hekselman that are in the post production stage right now.

In case you feel compelled to ask about release dates: we stopped giving out ETAs for new videos, since we don't wanna disappoint people with broken deadlines/promises - yup, that happened in the past.
    My bad...
    But just too much involved to get this all flawless for release.
    And tons of tiny little (and bigger) things keep coming up in the post-production process, at the production level we are going for.
    Definitely post and let us know when these are out-looking forward to it

We just released the OZ NOY instructional videos!

Running a cool contest right now, too.
    Here is the link:

Oz Noy Instructional Video Launch ContestOz Noy Instructional Video Launch Contest

21 pretty cool prizes.

And here are the direct links to the 2 Videos:

GUITAR IMPROVISATION WORKOUT (2.5 hour Lesson + 50-min Interview):
    * Taking the Mystery out of Improvising - Step by Step *
    Oz Noy Guitar Improvisation Workout

PLAY-ALONG WORKOUT (2.5 hour Lesson + 50-min Interview)
    * Learn 4 of Oz' best songs & Play with his Stellar Band *
    Oz Noy Guitar Play-Along Workout

I hope it was cool to post this here. Don't mean to spam this forum...
    But since you asked to let you know here when they are live, I did.

Best,

Falk
    Last edited by jazzheavendotcom; 06-15-2012 at 12:25 PM.

User Info Menu

Thinking about getting Bergonzi's "Creating a Jazz Vocabulary" series on DVD, anyone out there have them? I'm a advanced beginner to Jazz, though i've been playing guitar for many years...
    thanks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fireman12engine
    Thinking about getting Bergonzi's "Creating a Jazz Vocabulary" series on DVD, anyone out there have them? I'm a advanced beginner to Jazz, though i've been playing guitar for many years...
    thanks
    i have both the DVD's and they are like a capsule version of a couple of his books. i like them a lot and picked up on more how to practice like a horn player thinking in notes. His books have excises written out, the DVD come with a couple small PDF. The DVD's Bergonzi is mainly playing piano and he has a past student playing thinging Jerry throws at him. So depends on how much of a "advanced beginner" on if you can just start working on the ideas. Bergonzi early on talks about knowing your chord spellings and practicing that if you don't.

You might want to check out his books first.

User Info Menu

thanks doc for the info....
    don't have any of his books, but maybe i'll get vol 1 of the dvd and see
    if it would be helpful for me....

User Info Menu

i have both the DVD's too. I agree with doc. Lots of good stuff on the dvds, but if you're looking for more details along with specific exercises I would suggest getting the book Vol 6.

User Info Menu

When the Lage Lund lessons will be coming out?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JPMike
    When the Lage Lund lessons will be coming out?
    I've exchanged email with the guy behind Jazz Heaven and he won't say much. Just saying they are close to being completed and won't give a time frame. Bummer I am looking forward to the Lage DVD too.

Sorry guys, 22 (!) projects that are already shot but not released = a LOT of work... and we are a tiny operation.

But Lage & Gilad are higher up "in the queue", I can say that much.
    (First will be 2 videos with Kenny Werner for all instruments; 1 with Bergonzi only for sax players and 1 with Brazilian drummer Portinho.)

I wish I could give specific ETAs, but many things can cause delays in the post-production process, so we rather not disappoint people with broken promises.

Thanks for your interest & patience!

Falk

User Info Menu

I bought volume 2 and love it. I also just bought the Eric Harland video and love it as well. I think these, from the two I've seen, are some of the best instructional vides. Period. Good stuff.

User Info Menu

Any updates on the Lage Lund and Gilad Hekselman lessons?

User Info Menu

They sent out a email on the 4th of July saying they are close to releasing two more Jerry Bergonzi DVD's which will make me happy. No mention of the Lage and Gilad.

The DVD's they make are excellent I just wish they could get them out faster.

User Info Menu

Wow, these DVDs look amazing! This is why I love this forum....

Quote Originally Posted by Melodic Dreamer
    Any updates on the Lage Lund and Gilad Hekselman lessons?
    The 2 new Bergonzi videos are basically ready - a few more days of backend stuff and then they go live.

After that, we will finish & release 2 drum videos (Mike Clark/Paul Jackson and Portinho).

And after THAT... the Lage Lund & Gilad Hekselman videos are next in line.

Lage's Audio is being mixed/mastered right now.

So, believe me, we ARE working on this stuff.

But, as mentioned before:
    I wish I could give out specific ETAs, but many things can cause delays in the post-production process, so we rather not disappoint people with broken promises. (Been there, done that.)

Thanks for hanging in there!

Falk

User Info Menu

is the bergonzi jazz vocabulary vol 3 dvd almost done?

is the bergonzi jazz vocabulary vol 3 dvd almost done?
    Yes, as mentioned above:

"... The 2 new Bergonzi videos are basically ready - a few more days of backend stuff and then they go live."

Best,

Falk

User Info Menu

I thought the 2 you were talking about were his sax instruction videos

User Info Menu

I thought the 2 you were talking about were his sax instruction videos

Here's what was said in the July 4th mailing.

>>>>
    We are now around the corner from releasing 2 new
    Jerry Bergonzi videos:

* one on RHYTHM (for all instruments)
    * one for SAX PLAYERS only
    <<<<

User Info Menu

I have ordered his 2 videos from you and really like them but never got the mailing about recent releases....sorry
    was just wondering cuz
    Last edited by fireman12engine; 08-14-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Hello fireman12engine,

I am rather anal about making everyone who gives JazzHeaven.com his/her interest and hard-earned money very happy!
    (And our DVD (and streaming online video) fulfillment process is very automated & happens pretty much like clockwork - and the only reason could really be that the postal service lost a package on the way - in which case I would of course gladly send a new one at no extra charge to you.)

So, please shoot me an email with your contact info through JazzHeaven.com | Portal and I can look into this ASAP.
    (If you live in the US, you would have gotten an email with a tracking link.)

Best,

Falk

falk@jazzheaven.com
    Last edited by jazzheavendotcom; 08-14-2013 at 12:06 PM. Reason: additional information

User Info Menu

I didn't make my post clear maybe,
    I've received the dvd's and like them and was wondering
    when vol 3 of jazz language was being sold because I didn't
    get an email update that's all....so no problem.....lol