playing over Maj7 chord using dom7 chords in minor 3rds, diminished, melodic minor

In my previous video "Fusion style Legato 2-1-2 style over a ii-v-1 progression v.3", i demonstrated playing over an FMaj7 chord with Dom7 chords moving in minor 3rds.

This lick and exercise demonstrates in more detail how you can use Dom7 chords in minor 3rds over a maj7 chord. In the
accompanying video, i play this up the neck in minor 3rds with an AMaj9 chord playing in the background.

So i'm playing over Ab7, B7, D7, F7 over the AMaj7 chord.

Each lick has a little trick in it where I play briefly over the next chord up in the minor 3rd sequence. For example, I briefly play over B7 during the Ab7 portion.

Note that while the lick is mostly dim7 licks, the G natural on the 2nd part of beat 2 is *NOT* from the
diminished scale. Instead it's from C melodic minor based on the b9 of the B7 chord and outlines a B7#5b9#9. The G# is *NOT* from the diminished scale. It would need to be a G# (13) to be part of the diminished series.
This demonstrates that you can play over the B7 in different ways, not just with the diminished scale

If you look at my discussion on dodecaphonics (jackzucker.com/dodecaphonics) you will see more detail on this type of chordal pluralism...

#johncoltrane
#sheetsofsound
#jazzguitarlessons #guitarlessons
#jazzguitar #modernjazzguitar #jazzguitarriffs
#gibsonhollowbody #fusionguitar #altereddominant