The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Tryin to get these little piggies to go to market!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Very nice, excellent sound and video quality as usual, I play fingerstyle picking, but using 5 fingers on my picking hand.

Also, I like how you are holding the archtop guitar with the neck up high.

Usually, I play a solid body in a similar position, but I have an old 1949 Gibson L4c, I'd like to try.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you keep the guitar stable and not moving, is it a special strap?

Any advice on sitting position would be gratefully appreciated, before I try my old 1949 Gibson L4c.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GuyBoden
    Very nice, excellent sound and video quality as usual, I play fingerstyle picking, but using 5 fingers on my picking hand.

Also, I like how you are holding the archtop guitar with the neck up high.

Usually, I play a solid body in a similar position, but I have an old 1949 Gibson L4c, I'd like to try.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you keep the guitar stable and not moving, is it a special strap?

Any advice on sitting position would be gratefully appreciated, before I try my old 1949 Gibson L4c.
    Thanks very much for listening. I’m just using a regular strap and sitting in a low stool so that I don’t need a footrest or anything. The guitar seems to naturally sit with its lower bout braced between my thighs and my right forearm resting with steady weight on the top. The strap mostly keeps the instrument from rolling forward more than pulling upwards.

User Info Menu

DIG!!

(don't have anything to add to the like button other than a bit more emphasis)