The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi everyone!

I published a video dedicated to Walking Bass on my YouTube channel.

After a theoretical introduction and some practical advice, I play four examples of 4 bars each in C major, F major, A minor and C minor.
    Then I play two complete choruses (4 x 12 bars) of a Walking Bass for a Bb blues.
    As a last example I play two complete choruses of Walking bass for the harmonic progression of Autumn Leaves in G minor (2 x 32 bars).

YouTube's automatic translation from Italian to English is very rough.....and for this I apologize. However, I hope that the concepts I explain in the video are clear to everyone.

As usual, you can download the PDF file with the transcription of the 6 examples for free from my website:

Jazz Guitar: The Walking Bass - Part 1

Any of your comments will make me very happy, thank you!

ettore

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Fine work and good explanation. Thanks for the .pdf!
    One remark: 1st Page, 1st bar: The Tab does not match the notation. Both works for itself, however.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bluenote61
    Fine work and good explanation. Thanks for the .pdf!
    One remark: 1st Page, 1st bar: The Tab does not match the notation. Both works for itself, however.
    Thank you so much. I have corrected the PDF file and added a note below the video.
    Redoing all the rendering and uploading the video with the correct tablature takes me too long.
    I will only do this if other errors are reported. Thanks again!

Ettore