The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    There is a resemblance in the rotation of the hand, though the pick isn't held the same and Eddie is playing much faster. (I think Eddie's use of the second finger to oppose the thumb, rather than the index, makes a significant difference.)
    The rotation is the important thing here IMO. How you hold the pick perhaps less so.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    The rotation is the important thing here IMO. How you hold the pick perhaps less so.
    I was focusing on where one holds it, the tip of the middle finger (as opposed to the side of the tip of the index). I think the rotation is more evenly balanced that way.

User Info Menu

I was focusing on where one holds it, the tip of the middle finger (as opposed to the side of the tip of the index). I think the rotation is more evenly balanced that way.
    It could be...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    It could be...
    In reading this, the following popped into my head. The great (and controversial) American journalist H. L. Mencken generated a lot of angry mail from readers. His normal response to it (-and he did respond, in writing, and mailed it) was, "Dear Sir or Ma'am, you may be right."

I read that in William Manchester's bio of Mencken ("Disturber of the Peace") back in 1979. (I recall the year because I recall the copy of the book and the library I got it from and the librarian I was dating at the time.) Why it came back to me just now, I cannot say, but "Thanks For The Memory!"

User Info Menu

In reading this, the following popped into my head. The great (and controversial) American journalist H. L. Mencken generated a lot of angry mail from readers. His normal response to it (-and he did respond, in writing, and mailed it) was, "Dear Sir or Ma'am, you may be right."

I read that in William Manchester's bio of Mencken ("Disturber of the Peace") back in 1979. (I recall the year because I recall the copy of the book and the library I got it from and the librarian I was dating at the time.) Why it came back to me just now, I cannot say, but "Thanks For The Memory!"
    "No one ever went broke overestimating the interest of a guitar forum in crazy picking technique."